Thursday, 18 March 2010

Who Loves Mail?

Am i one of the dying breed of people that love writing/receiving letters?
There is something great about sitting down in my fav chair and reading all the news from my friends, i love it more than emails/texts even blogging (eeeek...did i say that out loud!?)
As you know by now i am in love with the written word in general, so i suppose this is just an extension of that. I hope they never get rid of the good old Post Man, although i fear the end may be coming, as more and more companies try and persuade us to have 'paperless bills'.
Poor postie could soon be redundant. And i need him to send and receive news.
I must confess that i do not have a desk like this, but i would love one. I do my letter writing on my lap, in my fav arm chair.


Am i alone?

Can you believe that today i wrote a letter, walked to the post box, and plopped it in. My heart sank as i realised i didn't put a stamp on it! I have sent a message telling her she will have to pay another pound to collect my letter...but i know she will think that it's worth it. :)




6 comments:

  1. i looove mail! receiving and sending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love written mail as well! I am in Peru right now and I have recieved two letter by snail mail. it's so fun to actually hold it in your hand and read something someone took the time to write themselves then put into the mail. think about how many people's hands touched it to get to you? That's kinda gross but cool at the same time.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SNAIL MAIL TOO.I HAVE AN ADDICTION TO NOTECARDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love mail... i love seeing different handwriting and stamps. i think my grandmother is the only one who consistently sends me letters, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who send greeting and letters are the last of a dying breed. Receiving mail is exciting, refreshing and uplifting. Keep it coming folks!

    ReplyDelete