Saturday, 24 April 2010

Pressie's for me!!! :)

I would like to say a Huge
THANKYOU!
to my little pressie giver over at
My day was brightened up by a lovely parcel.
There's something about pressie's wrapped in tissue that makes me smile :)

Inside was this sweet little crotchet owl. I've named him Olli.

He came with a set of lovely postcards, and i'm about to write one to my granny as i know that she loves getting little notes from me.

So in case i didn't already love the blogging world, that did kind of seal the deal :)
Apart from recieving gifts, working really hard and going out for little motorbike rides.. i have found time this week to put my bedsocks on, curl up in bed.. (because no matter how busy you get, you know there's always time for books)

...And read this book, Hush Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick.
Given to me by my niece & fellow book lover.
I am coming to the conclusion that Fairies and Angels are the new Vampire..
This is about a Fallen Angel, and his quest to get his wings back, but, you know how it goes, it's tough when you start falling for the girl you were set on killing.... I read this in a couple of days, it's Young Adult, so nothing too taxing for my 37yr old brain, Becca's debut novel, and one which would make me read her next one.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!








6 comments:

  1. Love the Owl, love its gorgous big eyes. I want one

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked your pressie! Hope you weren't up too late last night babysitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book - I really love the YA genre, it's come really far since I was a "young adult".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh don't you just lurve gifts?! Awww cute lil owl there. Also, hurray for reading! I am addicted right now, but have a million other things to do as well, BUT it's important to take time out for ourselves, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww, that is too cute!

    ReplyDelete