Thursday, 19 August 2010

A Wicked Day!

I’ve blogged about this show before, but i went to see it again during my Birthweek, and i just can’t not tell you again to go see it!

So admit it then…who hasn’t seen it?

wicked-showke-1

Based on the acclaimed novel by Gregory Maguire that re-imagined the stories and characters created by L. Frank Baum in ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’, WICKED tells the incredible untold story of an unlikely but profound friendship between two girls who first meet as sorcery students. Their extraordinary adventures in Oz will ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.

WICKED first dazzled Broadway in October 2003. Now Stephen Schwartz’s powerful songs, a visually stunning production and a story full of surprises, wit and emotion are captivating audiences in London and all around the world

Adam Garcia, Helen Dallimore Miriam Margolyes and Company in the London production of "Wicked" @ Apollo Victoria (opening 27-09-06)©Tristram Kenton 09-06 (3 Raveley Street, LONDON NW5 2HX TEL 0207 267 5550  Mob 07973 617 355 email: tristram@tristramkenton.com)

I’ve been to a fair few musicals in my time, and this is my favourite. ever. The costumes. The story. (You will never think of The Wizard of Oz the same way. ever.) The songs. The set. The costumes. The characters. Oh did i mention the costumes?

Wicked%20Glinda%20and%20Elphaba Gregory Maguire has written other books, i have one called Son of a Witch, that’s sitting on my teetering TBR pile, i guess thats the sequel to The Wizard of Oz with Wicked being the Prequel.

Oh i just want to go play the tunes. Right Now. Where’s my ipod.

Do you have a fav musical?

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to the West End to any shows :(

    However I have read Wicked & its definately a show I'd like to see.

    I guess my most wanted to see one would be Oliver or Wizard of Oz as I watched them so many times as a child at Christmas/Easter on TV,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet and I'm dying too! I really love Les Mis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Wicked SO BAD! This fall is the second time it will be in Minnesota and yet again I'm going to miss it. SO SAD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm obsessed with WICKED! saw it twice last year and am dyign to see it again.

    i was elphaba for halloween. wore the same green paint she did!

    had green in my ear at church the nex day... haha

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete