Friday, 3 September 2010

The Good Life

A friend has an allotment that he is finding hard to keep on top of by himself, so i thought i would give him a hand next year.  Allotments are like gold dust at the moment, it’s hard to get hold of one so i think it would be a shame to let him let it go.

I have no clue when it comes to growing veg/fruit, but I’m quite excited about learning all about it.  I think it will be good to get out in the mud haha!!

I have been finding inspiration

Via-BelleMaison23-ShedChic

I wonder what he would think about me “Chic-ing “ up his shed!

3529686016_d98b252a7c 

I’ll have to get the Hunters out

rake-barn-1108-de

Wouldn’t it be nice too, to grow my own flowers to put in my home instead of buying them from Tesco!?

RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show 2009."The Sadolin Nature to Nurture Garden", by Sadolin Woodcare, in association with Philippa Pearson.

I’m pretty sure Mr D will be looking forward to me growing some of these.. :)

raspberry1

Do any of you grow your own produce?  Any tips?

I’m looking forward to starting!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the allotment - I love my veg garden.
    Perhaps you had better start watching Gardeners World?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! I have a black thumb and I usually end up killing things rather than coaxing them to grow! It's bad, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a total black thumb...but it would be amazing to grow my own raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I grew my own veggies. I want a garden someday but right now it's not possible for me. I feel like it gives you a connection to a lovely little perspective you can only get from growing your own garden. Love the photos you picked by the way.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete