Thursday, 11 November 2010

Family Time

 

tumblr_la2a9oD9I21qcozs0o1_400_thumb

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.

This weekend I’m going on a little road trip with my sister, to Yorkshire to see this lady

n616172333_307086_310 

AKA Granny Burn :)

We will be spending the weekend getting Granny to show us her sewing, watching DVD’s  (hmmmm what to take? I’m tempted to take Lost in Austin..Love that series) and shopping in the Market town just up the road.  (Scarves from the market as I’ve managed to lose 2 of mine :(, Cosy Blanket from Barkers which I saw last time we were there but when we went to buy it the store was SHUT!, Magazines, Books, ooooo the wish list is endless!)

Granny doesn't  like to go out after dark anymore, but that’s ok as we will be more than happy to snuggle up with a blanket and break out the wine and chocs!

I’m so looking forward to spending time with my sis, even tho i talk to her every day and see her probably every other day, it will be nice for us to be ‘running away’ together for a couple of days.

Oh, and as it’s been pointed out to me that I actually missed my family out of my last post (what the hell was i thinking!?)

Here is a little tribute to them :)

old computer pics 022

Mum, Dad, Sis and littlest niece Aileen somewhere on holiday in Scotland.  My parents are both Scottish and regularly go back for holidays.

19171_286650546040_585811040_4969859_8039096_s A very tiny Mummy and Daddy.  Yes I Love my Mum and Dad. I had a great childhood.  My dad being in the Army meant we travelled around every few years. I really loved changing schools and making new friends.  And look.  I don’t think they did a bad job bringing me up!?  I mean, I’m not a bad kid really ;)

n527148140_244551_1604

And here is Aileen again. Cuteness.

n527148140_1057429_5897

BIL Steve :) playing at war (you’d be amazed what my family get up to in their spare time lol)  Sis and Steve got together when she was 18 (I think) she got pregnant with Aarron and the rest, as they say is history :)

n527148140_780911_4158Kirstin My biggest Niece, who sometimes thinks she’s our surrogate daughter :)   

n585811040_479502_7914

And Aarron, my Nephew.  Typical boy, the only pic I have of him is from way back when. And yep they are somewhere in Scotland on holiday again :)

sis and me with cupcakes

Me & my big sis :) Caroline. BTW we don’t usually dress  like Stepford Wives. It was fancy dress. Honest.

I can have fun with her, I can moan and whinge at her, or we can just sit and eat cupcakes.  It’s all good :)

tumblr_lbk97vVhbc1qakxz3o1_400_thumb

So there you have us. My closest family members…apart from Mr D, maybe he will get a post all of his own ;)

Have a FAB Weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. love the photos!! you have such a beautiful family!! hope you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful weekend with your sister & Grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family - and have fun with your gran! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have a wonderful weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have such a cute family! Love it! So, I have the same bronze owl in that photograph! How crazy is that? Neat.

    Rachael

    p.s. Be sure to enter my cupcake kit giveaway when you get the chance! ;)

    ReplyDelete