Saturday, 6 November 2010

Saturday Fun!!

 

Saturday fun started on Friday this weekend! I must make that happen more often! :)

Friday morning we hopped on the train to Cambridge.

We were pleased to learn that when travelling in a group of 4 adults, you get the train tickets half price!! So it only cost 32 pounds for 4 returns. Fab.  This is worth remembering, as train fares aren’t cheap. It would be worth making friends with people and/or possibly stalking them on their journey in order to get the 4 person discount ;)

Friday night we had tea in a Mexican restaurant, right in the same complex.

325

We booked into the Travel Lodge, which they have, very conveniently, built for us next door to our fav venue, The Junction.  If you are a live music fan, The Junction is a fabulous venue to go to.

329

I wore my new dress which was my wee treat to myself. Cos I'm worth it :)

328

Then we saw two bands who we have followed for a good few years..and met a group of friends :) It’s always nice to meet up with friends :)

335

Not a very good pic, but you get the idea :) And no. Those people you see at the front of the stage did not dance.  How much does that bug the hell out of me. Dance people! Move your feet! Or go home and listen to the CD from your sofa, just get out of my way so that I can boogie!!!! (it has to be said tho I’m quite good at getting people to move. Usually they get scared of my hair flicking in their face.) Ha!

In the end, 6 of us stayed at the Travel Lodge, the others drove home.

346

This is us at 12.30am in the bar of the Travel Lodge. Everything about a Travel Lodge screams, basic, but it’s just the job if you only want somewhere to shut your eyes for a night. The rooms were clean, if not greatly equipped, and the rustling of the plastic (!) mattress protector didn’t keep me awake after a few ciders…

We spent our Saturday exploring Cambridge, which I always love, and am always amazed at the millions of cyclists.  They outnumber every other mode of transport probably 2-1.  Oh and they take no prisoners, so you better make sure you look out for them before stepping out!

318

319

This was a great way to spend a couple of days, and we plan to do it again when the time arises.

The rest of the weekend is work (my sleep-in job tonight and the shop tomorrow morning) Tomorrow afternoon I will be picking up my niece who is spending the morning with Mr D learning to ride a motorbike. Now there will be a tale to tell you I’m sure!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Oh and the neighbours haven’t gone yet. Or spoken. BUT……HE smiled at me the other day!!! eeeeeek do you think he reads my blog!!!!?????? hahaha

6 comments:

  1. Looks like we were both watching bands on Friday night! Who did you see? Glad to hear that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cambridge. The cyclist certainly rules there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your dress! What a lovely piece x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a really fun Saturday. I love your dress, I treat myself in the same way - I keep a dress for ages, and then wear it on a special occassion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love when the weekend starts early :)


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress lady, you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete