Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Who’d have thought..

 

When i started my current job (7 years ago….yikes!) I never thought in a zillion years that I would be baking .  I had never baked at home..couldn’t see the point wasting my time when you could buy ready made cakes from the supermarket so cheaply.

imagesCASJP13P

Now, however we stopped buying our baked goods from the suppliers and I rolled my sleeves up and had a go.  I’ve had some disasters, let me tell you.  My bosses have had quite a few reject cakes and scones to feed to their unsuspecting children in their packed lunch boxes..but..

I have to admit I quite enjoy it..and I’m even known now to whip up a cake or two at home!

This week at work we have been getting into the Christmas theme :)

001

003

Ickle Snowman cupcakes…which you can order wrapped up for that little extra gift..(for teacher?)

007

Some cute bags of cookies… (I’ll be making stocking and Xmas tree shaped ones today)

006

And can you believe in all my 38years I had never made a mince pie until this week…but loooooooook at them!!

014

Not that I’m one to blow my own trumpet or anything….but ….yes I’m really quite chuffed!!

imagesCAQ8331V

ooooooo I cant WAIT till Xmas!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're enjoying the baking! Keep up the good work. I've always baked, even as a child, and my husband says that I bake when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm stressed, when I'm feeling adventurous (new recipes), when I'm sexy (don't ask!), when I'm cross; basically all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! please be sending me lots of baked goods x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very impressive mince pies for a first-timer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you should be proud - that looks amazing! I baked a cake recently and I thought that was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! So glad you have discovered a love for baking! Homemade is soooooooo much better than store bought! Taste wise I mean. These look delish!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete