Monday, 31 January 2011

My New Favourite Place :)

 

I thought I would show you all my new favourite place, while we were away in Shropshire for Mr D's 40th, we went on a trip to Ironbridge. This is a fabulous little village, go here to read more about it.

191

171

But really, I’m not sure why I’m telling you about that when this is what you really want to see!!

178

Welcome to Queenies.  Home of the vintage tea party, complete with the cutest mismatched vintage china & delicious cupcakes. 

190

How excited was I you may ask. Well Quite Excited :)

188

180

Mr D couldn’t quite work it out…how come we ended up here  when this was supposed to be his Birthday treat?!

181

Well I’m telling you, once I had peered through that window & spied the cute little waitresses all dressed up in their vintage outfits, it would be a cold day in Hell before you would be able to drag me past without going in.

189

I mean, really how can you not love these knitted tea cosies?

183

39469_698236847835_223406208_13001748_4979360_n

60445_161289233885870_100000143845879_569312_3608091_n35737_136625186352275_100000143845879_401739_6959792_n

And look at the wedding cakes!! All those decorations are hand crafted, I know this as I watched the wee lass sitting making purple flowers

  Go here to check out their website, although I have to say it doesn't do them justice. This place is a must visit if you are ever in the area!

Well I have to go get ready for more 4oth celebrations..out with MIL then on to a pub where a few close friends are meeting us..

:)

15 comments:

  1. What a darling little place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, YUM, with a capital Y.U.M.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those adorable cupcakes! I have to visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comment on the photos!!! Yours are so great and make me want to visit there, esp that little cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! this looks like so much fun! i love quaint little places like this!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironbridge is on my list of 'to visits'! That teashop sounds a lot like one that just opened in Middlesbrough, it's called the 'Olde Young Teahouse' and the owner has a wall of shelf filled with different leaf teas that you can pick up and sniff the tea and see which you want, she makes fresh cakes everyday and they sound delicious (but sadly, not dairy free for me to enjoy!) really unusual combinations! The tearoom is set out like someones front room, and there is a vintage record player and bits of furniture, she even has a stack of books and games for you to choose while you enjoy your tea! It's like a little haven, you take a step off the highstreet and you settle down and feel like you could stay all day! It's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww what a lovely place! i wish i could visit! love how vintage and pretty it is ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute place! The next time you go can you take me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my! I want to visit this beautiful place! It looks way too delightful.
    You are beautiful.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL i love the photo of his face for his birthday treat! haha.
    i totally do things like that to my guy all the time. hurray for them being good sports!
    stopping by from the links in the winter swap, have a great day!
    ~mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little cupcake shop and how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU! So So much for being my 100th follower! I an so excited! And, might need to buy one of these tea cozies asap they are too cute! Thanks again it does mean to know people like reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Goodness...Cuteness heaped on Cuteness heaped on Cuteness! What a fun little tea shop. I'm thinking I'll have to make tea and cupcakes today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks magical!!! i love dates with my husband and finding darling spots... this would def be one of those!

    sold on the chalkboard menus and knitted cosies!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete