Thursday, 27 January 2011

Teeny Weenie Girl Crush & Book Review No 4!!

(Testing Testing....Ive had another go at my scheduled posts....hope this one appears when it should!)

This week I have been reading this book, well it’s a book that you browse through really, a book you can dip in and out of at leisure, not necessarily having to read it in chapter order..kind of magazine style..

images4

For those of you not in-the-know, Fearne Cotton is an English Television and radio presenter & Holly Willoughby is an English television presenter and model. They got to know each other through their work and have been best friends for ten years. And how blinking cute are they?

imagesCAE2BVGR

This book is, as it says, the Best Friends Guide To Life, how to keep friends, which friends are worth it and which are using you, how far is too far when it comes to telling best friends the truth.. with little stories along the way of their own, often funny tales. Lets be honest, It’s not going to win any prizes for literature , but it’s one of those books that looks cute on the table, feels good to handle, and is printed all cute with little diagrams, varied fonts, which all add to it being a nice read.

First 5 sentences..When cutting up your cake of life, it is very tempting to make this slice the biggest, boldest, bestest slice of all. After all your mates are certainly one of the most important things in your life! They make you happy, they get you drunk, they keep you sane, and they pick up the pieces when it all goes wrong. And unlike your family, who are foisted on you at birth, you get to choose your mates. And hopefully you have made soe good choices.

Where I got my hands on it.. Mr D bought me this for Christmas after he got the hint here!

The cover...Girly

Made me want to..Appreciate my friends more

Who’s the lucky duck that’s getting it next?.. I’m going to give this to one of my very good friends, we only see each other a few times a year, so I will be keeping it safe for her :)

ps......I've sent out my first little surprise to my Birthday girl for The Love and Envelopes Birthday Club! Her Bday was yesterday so she will have to wait for my card to fly over to her...I will do a post next week :) eeeeeeeexciting Mail!!

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this. Thanks for sharing!!
    I hope your week is going well.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! It looks like a sweet book that I wouldn't mind reading. I do like reading books like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah cute book, will be added to my books to read list ;) Love your corner of the Internet. I'm hosting my first giveaway it ends this Saturday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never tell the two of them apart! I mix them up all the time. Sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete