Sunday, 27 February 2011

Book Review No.8. And my New Button :)

This week’s read was by Alexandra Potter

m How do you know he's The One?
Are you getting butterflies just thinking about him?
Have you dreamt of marrying him?
Do you just know?
When Lucy meets Nate in Venice, she knows instantly he's The One. And, caught up in the whirlwind of first love, they kiss under the Bridge of Sighs at sunset. Which – according to legend – will tie them together forever.
But ten years later, they’ve completely lost contact. That is, until Lucy moves to New York and the legend brings them back together. Again. And again. And again.
But what if Nate isn't The One? How is she going to get rid of him? Because forever could be a very long time...
A funny, magical romantic comedy about how finding The One doesn't always have to mean happily ever after

First 5 sentences..Venice Italy 1999, The summer heat creates a shimmering haze, through which Venice appears like a Canaletto brought to life. The dome of St Marks Cathedral rises above the pastel-coloured buildings, with their pealing paint and time weary elegance.  Vaporetti buzz.  Tourists throng. Among the crowds, children run in the square, scattering pigeons; men in sharp suits and designer shades sit smoking cigarettes; a guide with his umbrella talks history to a group of German tourists.

Where I got my hands on it.. Another charity shop purchase, with the grand sum of1.00 pencilled in the inside cover.

The cover.. Chic lit text. Similar to other Alexandra Potter novels, even old ones that they have re covered (which by the way is a HUGE pain in the ass to me as they re publish and re vamp the covers and i get all confused as to whether I’ve read it or not)

Made me want to… Believe in Fate.

Who’s the lucky duck that’s getting it next?..  This is going on the friend pile. Which is teetering dangerously. In fact I must make the effort as I saw her at the weekend and she gave me a pile of her books.

I’ve read a few of novels by Alexandra, and I’ve always found them really entertaining in a funny, romantic, magical kind of way. I have to say though this was one of my least favourites of hers, although it was a light hearted easy read book.

I was annoyed with Lucy. Hated Nate from the start. I find myself shouting inside my head GET RID OF HIM HE’S A PLONKER!! haha anyone else do that? Oh just me then.

I would recommend other novels by Alexandra before this one..Who’s That Girl..Be careful What You Wish For..

Oh and have you seen my new blog button? Just down there…on the right.. Kindly made for my by Brittany. Cute Huh?

Other weekend news… The Party was a HUGE success lots of people came, and it was great to have everyone all together. The band were a great success, there was lots of dancing. (my ankle aches).

Can you believe it’s March this week! That means SPRING is almost SPRINGING haha

5 comments:

  1. Ok, you made me interested. I wan to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm it sounds interesting. And don't worry I like to yell at books. Some characters just irritate me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read anything from this author before, but I really want to now. And your button looks great! I kind of want one too, but don't know how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe you have finished ANOTHER book, girl, you inspire me! and yay for dancing! i love that, and any soreness afterwards is like the good kind of pain... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a pretty baller book reviewer! I'm going to totally stalk back through your blog and see what else you've read! =)

    nice to meet you! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete