So, lets talk (type) about Tues nights. Mr D traditionally cycles to a local pub. Calls for his friend..old school style…they have a cup of tea, whist watching TV in front of his wood burner, then off they go to the pub. In days gone by this was a motorcycle group get together, but as the years have gone on, it’s just more of a boys gossip night. (but he’ll deny that under questioning)
Don’t get me wrong, I could go. Mr D used to ask me quite often, to join him. But. I do like my Tues nights in. Alone.
Well, not strictly alone. See, I have the TV….where I get to choose the channel & can watch any old trash I like without him asking ‘what are we watching THIS for?’ (Usually something really riveting, like Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, or car crash TV about Kerry Katona or Katie Price), etc..men just don’t get it. I can go to bed when I feel like it and eat chocolates, or stay up late writing letters.. (not that he doesn't let me do these things…he’s really not a meanie like that, but it’s just nice to have a night that's set aside for it) or I can spend all evening trawling blogs without feeling guilty… Oh and I think that my new friend Gordon is coming to see me tonight :)
(btw that one was taken with my NEW CAMERA!!!!!)
So even though I love him to bits, it’s nice to have some alone time, with my jammies on, fire lit (if weather allows) and I can read my book whilst watching re runs of Dancing on Ice on i-player that I didn’t get to see at the weekend (yep, I’m one of those annoying people that watch TV and read at the same time)
Would it be wrong if I admitted, if Mr D doesn't go to the pub on a Tuesday night, I feel somewhat cheated. Cos Tuesday Nights are mine. All mine :)
Do you like your alone time?
Ps I got this award from Jihee at The Soaktree
So I’m supposed to tag some people but tbh i think you’re all stylish so go ahead and give yourselves this award, you know you deserve it!!
Then the 7 random facts about me:
1. I was born in Iserlohn, Germany and spent the first 10 years of my life travelling around being a forces brat, and i loved it. I have fabulous childhood memories.
2. I attended Catholic schools for the first ten years of my life, then I kind of fell of the wagon.. my confirmation name is Marie :)
3. I have driven an HGV, a Bus, a Fire engine and a Tank.
4. Mr D’s nick name for me is Bertie and we have no clue why.
5. Things that make me happy are, sunshine, Live Music, a good book, fresh clean linen and my hubbie.
6. Things that make me grumpy are being tired, bad service, or when my hair needs washing.
6. My best friend is Mr D. My other best friend is my Sister.
7. I have climbed the highest peak in England Skafell Pike, in the fog.
Your turn now! :)