Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Tues Nights In (& the tagging thing)

self_by_arlapka-d397vi8_thumb  Photo

So, lets talk (type) about Tues nights. Mr D traditionally cycles to a local pub. Calls for his friend..old school style…they have a cup of tea, whist watching TV in front of his wood burner, then off they go to the pub. In days gone by this was a motorcycle group get together, but as the years have gone on, it’s just more of a boys gossip night. (but he’ll deny that under questioning)

Don’t get me wrong, I could go. Mr D used to ask me quite often, to join him. But. I do like my Tues nights in. Alone.

20081105063124

Photo

Well, not strictly alone. See, I have the TV….where I get to choose the channel & can watch any old trash I like without him asking ‘what are we watching THIS for?’ (Usually something really riveting, like Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, or car crash TV about Kerry Katona or Katie Price), etc..men just don’t get it. I can go to bed when I feel like it and eat chocolates, or stay up late writing letters.. (not that he doesn't let me do these things…he’s really not a meanie like that, but it’s just nice to have a night that's set aside for it) or I can spend all evening trawling blogs without feeling guilty… Oh and I think that my new friend Gordon is coming to see me tonight :)

003

(btw that one was taken with my NEW CAMERA!!!!!)

So even though I love him to bits, it’s nice to have some alone time, with my jammies on, fire lit (if weather allows) and I can read my book whilst watching re runs of Dancing on Ice on i-player that I didn’t get to see at the weekend (yep, I’m one of those annoying people that watch TV and read at the same time)

003 - Copy 

Would it be wrong if I admitted, if Mr D doesn't go to the pub on a Tuesday night, I feel somewhat cheated. Cos Tuesday Nights are mine. All mine :)

Do you like your alone time?

Ps I got this award from Jihee at The Soaktree

Stylish_blogger_award

So I’m supposed to tag some people but tbh i think you’re all stylish so go ahead and give yourselves this award, you know you deserve it!!

Then the 7 random facts about me:

1.  I was born in Iserlohn, Germany and spent the first 10 years of my life travelling around being a forces brat, and i loved it. I have fabulous childhood memories.

2. I attended Catholic schools for the first ten years of my life, then I kind of fell of the wagon.. my confirmation name is Marie :)

3. I have driven an HGV, a Bus, a Fire engine and a Tank.

4. Mr D’s nick name for me is Bertie and we have no clue why.

5.  Things that make me happy are, sunshine, Live Music, a good book, fresh clean linen and my hubbie.

6. Things that make me grumpy are being tired, bad service, or when my hair needs washing.

6.  My best friend is Mr D. My other best friend is my Sister.

7. I have climbed the highest peak in England Skafell Pike, in the fog.

Your turn now! :)

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE my alone time and i like when mark goes out and i don't go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a bit of time to yourself...I can read without interruption (like you, at the same time as half wathcing tv)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!!! i love the time to myself too, i don't nanny until 2, so most days i get it..i'm definitely enjoying it because i know it won't last forever :)

    that is amazing you grew up abroad, germany is hands down my favorite place i've ever been! hope you're having a great tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. congrats on the new cam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not agree more. My husband has saturday breakfast with his friends, and I feel a little cheated when he doesn't go! It's such a nice way to start my weekend, and then he comes home from breakfast with boy time under his belt and we can go play and enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling facts...I adore your blog and I love that header ALOT! :-) XXXX to you- Emily from EL Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that you have climbed the highest peak in England. And I agree, some alone time can be just what you need from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect Tuesday night! I love my husband - but I really love being alone, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't live together with my partner and it took me a while to get used to being alone at home - normally when the kids are with their dad, I tend to drive to Norfolk. But slowly I have started to appreciate those hours home alone, for exactly the reasons you describe - you can do what you want, without feeling guilty that you're neglecting someone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always nice to have some alone time :) and it seems like you have such great Tuesday nights in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to confess to loving my nights in alone too. I have friend called Merlot who keeps me company :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lucky were you to be paired up with Jihee! What a fun swap partner to have.
    How on earth did you get to drive a fire engine? and a tank? Geeze woman! That's awesome.
    Sunshine and fresh clean linen make me happy too. The best is when you're cold and you put newly washed clothes on that have just come out of the dryer. :)

    ReplyDelete