Thursday, 3 February 2011

Warning…There will be Blood

 

Mr D wanted to watch it.  Me? I wasn’t so keen.  Not that I didn’t think it was a truly inspirational story, but I couldn’t quite imagine what the film would be like.

MV5BMTc2NjMzOTE3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE0OTc5Mw@@__V1__SY317_CR0,0,214,317_

Is there anyone who still doesn't know what happened to Aron Ralston in the Utah desert one day in April 2003? If there is, here goes: this 28-year-old adrenaline junkie was out hiking in the wilderness without having told anyone where he was going.  (Moral..anyone?!)

While trying to negotiate a tricky crevice he slipped and fell, trapping his right forearm immovably between a boulder and the canyon wall.  His predicament is simple. He cannot cry for help, because there's no one around for miles.  He realises early on just what he is going to have to do to get free, and yet he can’t bring himself to do so..(he does have a few practise runs with his blunt multi tool though) Only when he is sleep deprived, dehydrated & hallucinating, does he decide to go for it.

Anyone seen it? If not, go watch it, I think you’ll be surprised :)

8 comments:

  1. see i'm torn, i love this story, love james franco, love danny boyle. however, i heard the arm cutting off scene was so grody that people threw up, fainted, the whole 9 yards. my verdict thus far has been to wait for dvd so i can watch everything but that part. we'll see which side wins out, my love or my stomach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to see this movie. I know that story and I think it will be so interesting. I've wanted to read the story too and I might after the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this and I think people hyped it up too much I didn't like it very much. It wasn't because of the blood and stuff, it was just... eh for me haha. It's visually beautiful though in the beginning!!!

    I'm sending your package tomorrow! Sorry for being so late, school has been pushing me back on a lot of things.... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could stomach it! Although I know it to be a great story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see this, it sounds amazing! The fact it's a true story makes it even more interesting and James Franco? Well, he's an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm with Mary. I'm going to have to rent it and fast forward. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see it but I have to wait for the DVD. This way I can walk out of the room when it's too intense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see it too but I don't know if I can stomach all the blood!
    Have a great weekend!! Maybe when you're done cleaning you can treat yourself's to dinner or dessert :)

    ReplyDelete