Monday, 28 March 2011

Book Review No. 12 :)

 

academy

So. I can not lie to you. Since we are friends and all. This is a book I read a while ago, as I just haven't had chance to read my current one much this week. I didn’t want to rush it and read it just for readings sake, especially as it is by a fellow blogger (who I will tell you all about when I finish, Promise!)

So please don’t judge me. And let me tell you about this book anyway.

Aerin Renning is a scarred fugitive, Dane Madousin is a rebellious son of privilege. On the surface, they have nothingi n common.  But the two most competitive freshmen at Academy 7 share an undiscovered bond.  Both harbour a dangerous secret that threatens their own destruction.  And while their safety depends upon their staying apart, the two are inexplicably drawn to each other.  Even as unknown forces conspire to keep them apart,their competition turns to friendship, and their friendship to romance.  Now not only their lives, but their hearts are at stake.  To survive, the two must unite all their knowledge skills, and gifts to uncover a secret bigger than either of them could have imagined.  A secret as big as the entire universe….

This is a young Adult novel, given to me by my niece. 

I had never heard of it, or the author, before getting hold of the book, and at first glance I thought it was going to be a teenage high school set book.. it’s actually science fiction with romance thrown in.

First 5 sentences.. Arein tried to ignore the blooodstain on the control panel of the Fugitive.  Her fathers ship. And his blood.  She thrust the image away, cramming it into the small chest at the back of her mind, then slamming shut the lid. Enough memories.

Where I got my hands on it.. This came in a bag full of books from my niece. (she knows the way to her Auntie’s heart)

The cover..  Teen romance….awwwwww :)

Made me want to…  Read more young adult, so easy, such escapism ahhh

Who’s the lucky duck that’s getting it next?.. Going back in the bag…think little niecey wants them back! Must take after me and has ‘keepers’ on her shelves!

I would definitely recommend this book for a bit of light entertainment. In fact, I'm going back to the bag it came in to see if there is any more by this author!

The only other science fiction book I’ve read was ‘The Host’ by Stephanie Meyer, and I really enjoyed that too..I should really go to that section in the book shops more often.

Oh I have to tell you, the photos in the last post weren't self portraits, that's the niece in question :) But as you can see, she gets her looks from her Auntie ;)

11 comments:

  1. YA fiction IS a good escape...nicely phrased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YA! Thanks for the review :) I need to add this to my To-Read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just so proud of you for reading all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a big fan of sci-fi, but still sounds like an interesting story :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good YA book, I added this one to my must read list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love escaping into a great book! Nothing wrong with a little young adult fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book! I must add this to my readinglist. Just one more month left of uni and I can then finally start reading what I want :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds wonderful! I love to read YA books. It's one of my faves. And sci-fi (this is why you should read the Hunger Games trilogy - I should send you the first book if you want). x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love YA books. They're such an easy, enjoyable read!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love YA - just started reading a few really good ones lately! This looks like a good one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete