Sunday, 6 March 2011

If you go down to the Woods..

Here’s what you would have found!!

woods 006

We had a great couple of nights in the woods, here is our little camp :)

woods 019

These woods are privately owned, and looked after my Hubbie and his friend, which means lucky us have a key to the gate, and can pretty much go and play there whenever we like. And we do. Like that is :)

Come for a wander with me and I’ll show you around…

woods 016

This is the pond that Mr D and his friend made to try and get the ducks to come, it does work, but the pond tends to dry up a bit in the summer..

woods 015

A lot of the wood is quite dense bracken but if we negotiate our way through, past all the clusters of snowdrops..(in a month or so I will post these pics and they will be full of daffodils.)

We come to the edge of the wood, and what I call ‘The Spooky House’

woods 009

Bath anyone?

woods 011

Then we come back to our little camp, and the shelter we have made (when I say ‘we’ you know I mean the men right?) Making shelters=Blue Job.

woods 034

Extreme cosiness around the fire at night time :)

woods 040

woods 032

Hope you enjoyed your walk, nice to get a bit of fresh air isn’t it?

There are more pics of inside the Reo, but I will save them for another day.

For the rest of today, I have to go to work this afternoon (welcome to the real world, Claire) And I will be finishing off my book for this weeks review!

Glad you all like your little photography class on Fri, I will do another one next week. As you can see from this post, I have been experimenting with my new camera. I do love it so.

9 comments:

  1. Great photos, looks like you guys had a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun. The inside of your Reo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, this reminds me of camping. oh how I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great fun - how nice to have somewhere private to camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous! We have been wanting to camp for so long, it's just too cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great photos. It looks like a great place to getaway from city life.

    And I read your photography post! Thank you for clearing things up with shutter speed and aperture :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! I would love to the know the history behind the 'spooky house'.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete