Thursday, 24 March 2011

Spam? Anyone?

 

Dear Mr/Mrs? Yak.

Well I was surprised to see ‘Beloved’ in the subject box of my email, I was thinking that Mr D had taken it upon himself to send me a love note…a la our teenage years, but no, it wasn’t from him, but you.

I must say I’ve never been in contact from anyone in Sudan, and we all know I love communication so this is really quite exciting for me.

I’m so flattered that my Chamber of Commerce as you say, singled me out as a trustworthy person for you to contact. I mean I know how special I am, but it’s nice to have it recognised by others..no? And yes, you are so right, our relationship could grow into something special.

I’m so sorry to hear your story. Your father..the former Minister for SPLA Affairs and Special Adviser to President Salva Kiir of South Sudan for Decentralization was obviously a very important man, although, I admit, I have no clue what any of that means. Terrible that he was killed, and now you say they are after you?  I mean, you see these things on the TV but you just don’t expect to meat someone that is actually living through it! The figure of money you mentioned 5.6 million dollars!  Well that certainly would be worth fleeing the country with wouldn’t it!

And how special am I that you chose ME out of all the people in the United Kingdom, to help you in your escape.

So just to make sure I understand, I need to help you come over and live in the UK as my Special Friend? Help you find a university place, and find a business for you to invest your money in?

And I would receive, for my trouble 10% of  the aforementioned 5.6 million? Well seems like a great plan to me.

If i were the complete plank that you seem to think I am.

Just so you know. I’m not. A complete plank.

So the answer would be no.

10 comments:

  1. A US congressman in 2008 fell for the Nigerian email scam TWICE! Not just one, but twice! He lost 3 million dollars...

    It still baffles me tho this day.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Who actually believes this stuff?

    Totally made me laugh, Claire. Which sent me off into another coughing fit. Thanks a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! This is so funny/ridiculous!
    I got a spam email the other day from "someone" wanting to be my special friend too, but it was more of a love letter than an "i want your help and money" letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emails like that are so ridiculous. The sad thing is that some people actually belive it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha amazing. I wish people weren't stupid, I wonder if spam would stop. I get non-spam emails in my spam filter and spam in my non-spam. Accchh. x hivennn p.s enter my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...oh my gosh, are you serious?? You actually got this as an email? Wow!! I can't believe that anyone would believe this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, well said!

    Also, THE BOOK CAME! Hooray! Thank you again so much, I am so excited to read it :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, very funny. Isn't crazy that people send these out? But it's even crazier that people actually respond. Sadly I know of some older folk who have been taken advantage by this.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete