Friday, 15 April 2011

Catching up & Book review No. 13

Soooo The Geeks (aka very nice men) fixed my laptop! Yipppppeeeeee!!

Only trouble is I have so much to catch up on I may have to pull a sickie..from work….from normal life….just so that I can sit and relish in my virus free virtual life

I now have a virus zappy thingy installed by good old Dad & have been given instructions on how to beat the bad spy monsters.

Don’t think I didn’t read a book last week either….I’m just behind on the review…so here goes.

ILoveYouBook

More YA fiction for you. This is just about right for me at the moment, not too much thinking needed, just a bit of escapism from the real world that is annoying me lately.

This was kind of appropriate, wish I was a Gallagher Girl, to get rid of my own virtual Spy Monsters!

Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses – but it’s really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti). But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn’t prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks she’s an ordinary girl.

Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can Cammie have a normal relationship with a boy who can never know the truth about her?

First 5 sentences.. I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear.  Well, that's me – Cammie the Chameleon.  But I’m luckier than most, because, at my school, that’s considered cool.  I go to a school for spies. Of course, technically, the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a school for geniuses – not spies – and we’re free to pursue any career that befits our exceptional educations.

Where I got my hands on it.. Charity shop trawl.  Last week. I succumbed to the temptation of a 1.00 book.  Again.

The cover.. I nearly didn’t pick this up. It wasn’t in the YA section, charity shops aren’t very good at getting the book sections right…so when I glanced at the cover..I thought it was…well….of a different genre….Haha! But then I did a double take.

Made me want to… I’ll definitely look out for the other books in this series.

Who’s the lucky duck that’s getting it next?..  I might hang on to this until I find the others…only because if it’s a while, I may need a little refresher!

I did enjoy reading this, I’d never heard of this series before, but it was an enjoyable, quick read, and I liked Cammie. Funny how YA fiction has moved on from when I was a YA. Then it was all Sweet Valley now its Vampires and spies haha!

I’m dying to catch up on every one’s lives. I’ll be back tomorrow with the winner the giveaway, and the swap parcels!!

:)x

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun, easy book to read :)

    Have a great weekend!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a cute book! your book reviews are very cool. keep up the good work. I recently joined a book club. So much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your computer back...and that book sounds like fun! Love the review!
    Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the geek doctors working their magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book! Have a wonderful weekend :) Hugs to you xx, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds likee a fun book :) but i like sweet valley high as well ;p haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to hear someone else reads young adult books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I do love this series. I've got all the books and really enjoy reading them :) Especially because I'm a fan of the whole spy school thing.

    If you ever read the next books! Zach Goode :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a super fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What was wrong with your computer in the end?

    That book sounds like a nice, fun read!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete