Saturday, 16 April 2011

Treats :)

A while back, I joined a swap organised by Jess at Life.  This is how I met the lovely Marianne at  Royal Mail.

button

DSC09004  Say hello to my fab Swap Partner :)

The point of the swap was to send your partner something from Etsy.

Look what I received from her in may mail last week

002

001

004

Postcard sets from one of my favourite Bloggers and Etsy stores.

Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist 

As I am a bit of a stationary addict, this really made me smile. Thanks Marianne!  And To Jess of course for matching us up :)

The thing about Etsy Sellers is they really do know that it’s all about the packaging. Everything I’ve ever bought from that site has been so beautifully wrapped and the sellers are always so helpful.

 

Also through my mail box came two books from Book Mooch.

imagesCA4YJLBS

imagesCAUDUYB4 Have you heard of this site? You register books that you are willing to give away, and gain points when you post them. With your points you can request (mooch) books from other users. It’s such a great site for book worms! The only tip I would give is not to list too many books at one time to give away or you can end up with a big postage bill! I usually list a few, then gather some points and ‘spend’ them before listing more books :) I like to save up points in my account, then every now and again, spend an hour browsing the virtual bookshelves and ‘shopping’ it really does feel great getting ‘free’ books through the door!

Happy Mooching!

Oh, I should put you all out of your misery and tell you who won the Book Giveaway.

A Daisy Chain Dream

This weekend is flying by. Sleepover at a friends tonight while the boys go to a gig :) Girlie DVD’s recommendations?

:)x

16 comments:

  1. The Etsy swap, that sounds like such a fun idea!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had lots of good stuff coming your way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh! cool swap! i love stationary too. nothing like receiving a note in the mail!

    hmm...girlie DVDs. gotta admit i haven't seen anything lately. my fave though is always "My Best Friend's Wedding." or you could go for a little kick butt and watch "Salt." haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the book mooch thing sounds amazing!
    SO fun!
    girlie movie... 27 Dresses? or The Devil Wears Prada? I think those were the last ones I watched recently with my girls.
    :) Happy Weekend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of BookMooch!!! What a clever idea.

    P.S. Love Debbie Macomber, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how awesome is that book swapping site! I will totally have to check that out!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Etsy swap is the best idea. I always find things that I want to give as presents and creating a swap with a buddy it the perfect way to make this happen. You got some pretty awesome things! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing better than getting something in the mail that isn't a bill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what an amazing swap! I love getting things in the mail! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't able to participate in this swap but it sounded fabulous! And you received such pretty pretty things. I too love A Fanciful Twist. I should pick up some post cards for myself.

    I would like to do Book Mooch but I'm not too good with giving up books haaa!

    As for girly movies. I always fall back on Love Actually, Never Been Kissed, The Holiday :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of that book swap site - it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun swap that you did! I need to participate in one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wasn't that such a fun swap!? you are like me... we love our stationary! :) marianne had so much fun and LOVED what you sent... perfect! jessie did so good pairing you two ;) i am biased but i LOVE those two if you haven't noticed ha

    and when is it not a happy day when you get books? i'm in the middle of "the romantics" (after loving the film) but before that was one i got from my birthday from a dear friend. it was even better because she had post-its on her favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh love these post cards! so cute! super cool swap

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Book Mooch sounds so cool! I am definitely going to have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those post cards are super cute! What did you send Marianne?

    What movie did you end up watching?

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete