Tuesday, 3 May 2011

An English Country Fair

Another Bank Holiday Weekend? Oh ok then if you insist. Not only did the sun shine, but I had 3 days off. Go me. This does not happen often.


002





This is the fair we stayed at. If you look reaaaaaaaaally closely behind the cars on the left you will spot the two army lorry’s which were home :)





The Glenheim Game & Country Fair. It’s a favourite.





048





The cider press is always popular :) We even brought some home.





043





042





The fairground had all the good old traditional rides and stalls, Swinging Gyms..Hook a Duck..and the favourite…





036





038





The Merry-Go-Round





Or….you could have a ride on a real live four legged friend.





033





Mr D found the guns..he fancied his chances at winning me some sweeties. All you had to do was shoot them off the shelf with the cork. I mean. How hard can it be?





046





045





Apparently it’s hard. I came away sweet-less.





But Mr D did manage to hit a few clay pigeons with his big boy gun :)





032

















011









That cheered him up. It’s always good when you turn up with your cartridges in your jeans pocket, and your ex-army ear defenders, and you hit more than the man behind you who looks like he just stepped off the cover of Shooting Times.





This was all the photos I took. But there was lots of tea drinking, visits to the Craft stalls..(and cup cake stalls…mmmmm). And did I mention that I’ve discovered M&S Cosmos in a can. The new camping necessity.





:)x

13 comments:

  1. You have a very exciting life! I like that you still have fun even with all the work you have to do!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you make ice cream?? like at an ice shop? if so, that must be amazing!! looks like everyone had a nice time at the fair.

    beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fun! And what beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drat - I knew there was something else on this weekend we'd wanted to do!!

    Glad it went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! You do so much interesting, I love it =) And I wish I knew how to make ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our local fair was nothing compared to how awesome this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! Some cider sounds delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I imagine it's hard work, but I think it's pretty cool that you make ice cream!

    Looks like another fun day, so envious! And great weather to boot, I can't wait until it starts warming up around here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a fabulous time...the fun stuff, not the working :)

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cupcake stalls sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I posted about work my blog would be full of hilariously inappropriate comments made by my boss :/

    I love the close-up photo of your husband shooting clay pigeons. It's fantastic!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete