Friday, 13 May 2011

I Confess

It’s a few years since I sat in the confessional and told all. I remember it well though. On a Friday morning the Priest would come in to the school and off we would go to the school nurses room where he would use a screen, like those hospital screens on wheels that we would sit either side of. It was always the same sins. I lied. I was horrible to my mumI swore. But it was ok, as after I had said my Penance, off I could skip, with my sin-free soul and do it all again. I used to think of my sins as big tea stains on my soul. Once I had confessed and said my Hail Mary’s my soul was pure white again…(until the next time…)

Now I’m a few years older I have other things to confess.

And I may. Or May not. Have a small addiction.

I just can’t help myself. I’m helpless when I see them and i just have. To. Have. Them.

I just can’t get enough.

I will soon need a bigger house.

026

025

They don’t have to match. In fact it’s better if they don’t.

032

033

See the top right photo? I actually saved those plates and cups from the box of old crockery that Mr D and his friend use for their shooting games. I mean how could he even think of shooting them!?

Thank you for listening to my sins. Feel free to dish out the Hail Marys. To be quite honest though. I think it’s worth it.

Oh, look what I saw on FB tonight. Laugh? I nearly peed my pants.

221714_10150194698562485_6485602484_7028677_3562246_n

A case of Life Imitating Art.

:)x

19 comments:

  1. Haha I love the Disney/Royal Wedding similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting china - they're the ones that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that's a pretty fabulous addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks a wonderful addiction - who can resist such pretties :) And anyone who shoots it, should be shot themselves!

    I am loving the Disney/Wedding pic - perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I was going to confessional, I haven't beeb for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection! And I did love that Disney/Royal Wedding thing. It did make me laugh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The idea of confessionals always scared me!

    Your collections is lovely, there's no way it could be a sin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, I love the Disney/Royal Wedding photo, that is so funny! And you have an amazing addiction, mine is books and shoes.

    http://cammiew4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left me on my blog. I really appreciate it. Your blog is super cute too! :) Have a great day!

    Thera

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO much for your very sweet words!! You made me crack a smile :) I wish I could go to Central Park but it has been pouring for days!! Maybe that also has me like this, It's like locking up a bird!! :(

    I'm so happy I came over to your blog today and read this post, it cracked me up!!

    First you and me can do our Hoarders anonymous club!! I am also a hoarder of lots of things haha!! I love your collection though, they are sure worth all those hail mary's :)

    Second that Disney Royal wedding - haha!!Too hilarious!!!

    Thank you again sweet girl!!

    Lots of love and a happy Monday!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you SO much for your very sweet words!! You made me crack a smile :) I wish I could go to Central Park but it has been pouring for days!! Maybe that also has me like this, It's like locking up a bird!! :(

    I'm so happy I came over to your blog today and read this post, it cracked me up!!

    First you and me can do our Hoarders anonymous club!! I am also a hoarder of lots of things haha!! I love your collection though, they are sure worth all those hail mary's :)

    Second that Disney Royal wedding - haha!!Too hilarious!!!

    Thank you again sweet girl!!

    Lots of love and a happy Monday!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i saw that royal wedding comparison and thought it was SO funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they shoot pretty china! you were right to save them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. TEA CUPS! I love 'em...and to answer your question, no macro lens. Just lots of zooming & manual focus :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god that last picture made me laugh SO hard!! hahaha. Oh my goodness.

    And, that is such a great addiction! I'm quite jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my, laughing at those pics you saw on facebook. and we all have our obsessions. i think those tea cups are fabulous! my weakness is clothes. lately it's been dresses. i keep buying dresses. sigh.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah I have a mismatched china addiction too, I do sympathise. Also saw that on FB, thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love china too! And mismatched china makes for the perfect tea party!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete