Saturday, 4 June 2011

Home

Linking up with Lauren at Outside Voice

Home is not where you live but where they understand you.

So this time we are posting pictures of Home. Or what Home means to us. You all know that in my spare time I’m a Gypsy right?

Our Mobile Home of sorts is over there on the side bar.

040

Peace - that was the other name for home

And we aren’t just fair weather gypsys. Oh no. A bit of snow and ice is not going to deter us from packing up and heading off for a quiet bit of land somewhere

me in

Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.

I’m at my best in there. I sleep better. I read more. I sit and relax. We sit. And talk. And plot future travels.

reo

A house that does not have one worn, comfy chair in it is soulless

We are lucky enough to have our own little brick house, where we have lived for nearly 20 years now. But its our house on wheels that we love really.

6091_110433382333_616172333_2368040_7867990_n

Where do you call Home?

:)x

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this! Your version of home is so unique, I love having it as part of the collection!
    Awesome.
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! found you through Lauren's link up. i love the quote "Home is not where you live but where they understand you." soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hone is where all my 'stuff' is! I do agree about the comfy chair though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! how awesome!!! really, you never cease to amaze me ;) i love your home!!!

    and being a gypsy as i've felt that way the last year...

    home will always be wichita falls, tx where my family is. it's where i breath easy too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think home is definitely where your heart is, even though it's so cliche! My home will always be where I was born and my family lives, but this is my NEW home with my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved this post!! You are the cutest gypsy ever!! We can be gypsy sisters :)

    I love your home and home is where the heart is!! My home is in the heart of Manhattan :) A city girl till death do us part :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome home! I've gotta say, the idea of having my own house on wheels some day is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, i liked seeing these, your guys' camper is so BA :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. i love that quote. "home is where they understand you." so so beautiful and true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great home! this was such a sweet post.

    it's funny i always call my mom's house home (the one i grew up in) though i now have my own home with my husband and girls!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so cute Claire! Love your home on wheels.

    Our home is with our 3 lil pups, my veggie garden. Oh of course my hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have two different 'homes.' And that quote about a house that doesn't have a worn chair is souless. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete