Monday, 20 June 2011

Swanning about in Southwold

I think Dad will be very chuffed that you all think he was cute in the last post Smile I did make him a Fathers Day cake, which I’m sure is probably all gone now….

While he was eating that, and going to my sisters for Fathers Day Dinner, Mr D & I were whisked off to Southwold for our annual jolly with the bosses.

We stayed here.. The Swan.

the swan

Right on the main street. We went out for a wander around on Sun evening, (left my camera in the hotel room…durrrrr..) Dinner was quite a fancy affair in the hotel, then on to more wandering and Adnams drinking. (I’m much more of a lady & prefer Aspalls cider or G&T).

The next morning, we enjoyed a lie in, until the builders woke us us! Stuffed ourselves on breakfast, and had a look at the church. Mr D likes to look at churches. This one was big, and Beautiful.

I had to take a pic of the organ

031

030

029

033

026

All was going fine until Mr D put me in the stocks I mean really, I wasn’t even that bad..

036

I did eventually get to run away though….!

038

Yippppeeeeeeeeeee

041

Fun!, So now we are home, a wash has been done, the M&S 2 dine in for £10.00 has been purchased, and the evening is beautiful.

Another weekend over, hope you all had a great one. I’m off to have a cuppa, I’ll come visit you all later, maybe there will be cake?

Smile

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time; love the church pics :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to spend a day in Southwold last summer, but sadly had to cancel. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swan - you lucky lady :)

    You know that I love Southwold - I am sure it will feature again on my blog very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great time, so much fun to be had! Gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the action shots...You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo been to Southwold so many times and never been in the church. I like the seamens reading room, a piece of real Victoriana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tee hee, you are so cute! I love the stock photos and of you running away!

    That church is beautiful. I love old architecture.

    x Jasmine

    PS. I got your package today! Thank you SO much! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time. Love the last photo of you, way too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, that looks like a fun place! What a beautiful church. And you look like you are floating in the last picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of you running away haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great time! The organ was beautiful, and I"m glad you managed to escape the stocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, grr, Blogger ate my comment. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete