Thursday, 30 June 2011

Vintage Life & Paper Goodies

I’ve been making Postcards from scraps of vintage lace and buttons. I felt like a child, with my fingers all gluey & paper all over my desk. But there’s no adult here to tell me to clear it up. Just Mr D, who comes past and looks every now and again. He doesn't say anything. Just looks at me. Then my desk. And moves on.

Well lets face it.

He knew the risks when he married me.

036

 

027

028

I also at last finished my lists for The Happy Mail Project, which is organised by the lovely Gracie.

022

031

023

I did it in picture form Smile. It took longer though as I couldn’t help reading all the magazines again that I was searching for pictures from.

Talking (typing) of magazines….for all you Vintage fans….I came across this..

032

A magazine for us Smile Not available in many shops…so I ordered a few copies on line.

034

Pretty Pictures. I haven’t read them all yet. I am collecting magazines at the moment for my 10day Gypsy trip this month. I cant wait.

Is there any other Vintage Magazines out there I don’t know about?

So. The day is stretching before me. I have the day off. (Before you judge about me having another day off….I do a sleepover job on a Wed night for a disabled lady which believe me is not like sleeping at home, so Thurs I’m always working at half speed)

I have so much to do.

And here I sit.  I blame you. Bad influence.

Smilex

15 comments:

  1. Your handmade post cards are soo pretty. I love seeing collaged postcard because they are so unique. I adore yours and I love the vintage mags too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those post cards look stunning.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handmade postcards are lovely. There is nothing like making collages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those postcards are lovely! seriously beautiful. you make me wanna pull out my crafty box and do some!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those postcards are beautiful! And it's so exciting that there's a Vintage magazine. I had no idea! I'm Googling it now...thanks for the head's up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE your vintage inspired creations!!!

    i haven't sat and made a collage postcard in awhile... this has me inspired! :)

    xo

    ps. your partner will be so happy with her list swap! i need to blog about mine and jasmine's swap. truly such a fun swap idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had the talent of creating beautiful things out of paper. Sadly I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, what cute postcards! And I wants at those magazines!

    Enjoy your day off my dear, you deserve it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those turned out really cute!! I need to stock up on lace and create something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those handmade cards are SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No judgment here! I'm living for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those postcards are so pretty ! And a vintage magazine?!!!! I'll have to seek this one out :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. a vintage magazine??? i should realize that something like that exists but that is awesome! i haven't seen it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those postcards, they're adorable!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete