Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Weekend Fun (Gypsy Style)

So. The weekend seems so long ago, but here I am remembering the glorious weather we had, when at the moment we are in the middle of the biggest thunderstorm I can remember. A house in my town got struck by lightening this afternoon. I was going to post a picture, but I just felt a bit weird about it. The family & dog are safe, but their roof is gone and all their possessions went up in smoke. Makes me not like thunderstorms as much as I did.

Any hoo as promised pics. Friday night I didn't take my camera to the party, left it back at home (AKA the Lorry) so the pics from that are still on Mr D’s camera.  The party was in a friend's garden, for his Birthday. There was a band playing, a BBQ, lots of little wood burners dotted around, much fun.

Saturday off we went to a nearby village, where some friends were having a party for their 17th wedding anniversary. In..and around… a barn which they use to cut and store wood for his business. Here’s where we parked the Lorry, next to a friends home on wheels.

077

Friends arrived, bringing various methods of staying over, some with wheels, some under canvas.

022

They brought with them musical instruments to play..

020

Even the children had a turn at the mic, with their dirty knees..

075

060

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The band played till the wee small hours..

087

I went to my cosy bed gone midnight, but the hard core revellers could still be heard around the bonfire at 5.30 am!!

Sunday we moved to Rougham airfield, about 1/2 hours drive away. It was the hottest day of the year so far. I sat in the shade of the lorry, or the Cider tent, and read ‘Catching Fire’. Fabulous. Then started Mockingjay, which I haven’t finished yet.

We didn’t come home after the show on Sunday. We were left, pretty much alone in the middle of the airfield, with a few fairground people, the stragglers drinking the last of the Ale, and for about an hour a gazillion Billy Witches that attacked the lorry (i’m going to have to Google them to see what their purpose in life is. They arrive as soon as the sun goes down, and seem to blunder around getting into peoples hair, then they disappear to? Where do they go?)

Anyway. It was Bliss.

104 (2)

120

123

Monday morning it was time to come home. Brunty was sad.

PS. I have at last opened the door of my shop. The Etsy Shop I set up hundreds of moons ago. Or actually nearly a year ago looking at my account :0.

I am fumbling around in the Etsy wilderness at the moment, so please be kind. You can click on the photo on the right side bar, and take a look around.

Just a few goodies for now. Baby steps. If you have any advice/thoughts please feel free to share your wisdom.

Smilex

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!

    Thanks for following my blog! Always happy to have a new follower! Thanks so much for your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you a wonderfully blissful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fun time! though sorry to hear about the storms and the roof being gone on your neighbors house. i just checked out your shop! congrats on starting it up!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a perfect weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times! Love the music part, looks like a lively gathering:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy to find your lovely blog! what a fun weekend you had! sometimes traveling gypsy style is just what the doctor ordered:)

    and..i LOVE your blog header and your new etsy shop! so exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good weekend, thanks for sharing :0) Big storms here too, never seen fork lightning like it before, quite scary ! I'll have a nose at your shop later :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skirt.
    Looks like you had an amazing time. I hope the storm didn't ruin your day to much.
    Congratulations on your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun weekend!

    I checked out your etsy shop. You have some cute things!! Congrats on finally opening it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like such a fabulous time Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun gathering!

    I just opened my Etsy shop and only have one sale, so I know the feeling of just getting started. It's harder than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so wonderful. I love that you live a gypsy style life :) I'm sorry to hear about that house. That's horrible (I don't usually mind thunderstorms).

    As for your Etsy. It's adorable. I like those art deco bowls and your tea cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had so much fun! Love all the photos.

    You know, I had to Google to see what a Billy Witch was. I've never heard of them before!

    I'm off to check out your etsy store now :D

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete