Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Challange

Linking up to Lauren at An Outside Voice for her photography project. This month the prompt is Challenge.

I have climbed many hills with Mr D. All in The Lake District. The scariest being, Helvelyn….via Striding Edge. (lots of wreaths on the way) The highest being Scarfel Pike..highest peak in England.

But I’m going to show you pics of the latest one. Pillar. I am not the fittest person in the world. I struggle with the up ness of the hills. I’m usually the last, being enticed with promises of chocolate on the way..but once I get to the top I am quite chuffed with myself.

Here we are at the start.

68393_441391877333_616172333_5501206_7458628_n

Doesn't it look like a lovely flat walk…see the hill up ahead? that’s where we’re going…

276

Across some steams…

71752_441395147333_616172333_5501232_4557924_n

Realising there’s still a way to go….

71847_441398277333_616172333_5501336_3006349_n

Climbing up to the top. The thing about walking any hills is the weather. You have to be prepared for everything. The day was beautiful when we started out. We sat at the top of Pillar and had some food, and within 10 minutes the fog and rain descended on us. So much so, that we had to use the compass to find the path to get down, as we couldn't see our hand in front of our faces! On the way down it was a battle. And the other thing about walking hills in The Lakes?  The footpaths not always what you might class as a footpath…….

72586_441399302333_616172333_5501390_1636185_n

The best thing about climbing a hill in The Lake District?

There’s always a pub nearby for a well deserved cider Smile

We are going back there in Oct. I wonder what challenges will be in store for me?

Hop on over to Lauren's blog to see more challenges.

Oh…it seems lots of people across the water have never heard of Athena!!

Well, they were a chain of shops in England that sold art prints..The first one of the man and baby that I posted was extremely popular, selling squillions to teenagers across the country! they were really popular in the 80’s. They closed down in the 90’s, which is sad, I still love the posters and wish I’d kept mine.

The sun is still shining today..I have to go and get the shop open or there will be riots…

Smilex

19 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely if hard walk.

    Love the pictures of your face, looks just like mine does on the sight of these hills and mountains!

    At least like you say there is always a pub near by to make it better.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lakes & fells - haven't been for years & years.

    Last time was when boys were 3 & 5 - they made it to the top of Hellvelyn but not via the Striding Edge route!! Have pics of a very tiny little son happily eating his picnic at the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and so crazy!! :D I love hiking and this one sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like hard work but you would feel amazing when you got to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, LOVE the look on your face!

    What great scenery! I don't really like bush walks or mountain climbing, but like you I always feel proud when I make it to the top!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that your life is amazing, so full of interesting activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that's awesome that you were able to make that climb! It's always kind of disheartening when you find out you are a lot further from the summit than you are, but so exciting when you accomplish it! Plus, with a pub to visit after? amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOOD FOR YOU!

    Looks beautiful but yes, very challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh!! How beautiful is the scenery. Good job climbing. that looks hard!
    I'm going to Wisconsin soon to camp. I cannot wait!!! I just have to find a way to tell my parents! haha! :)


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great hike! i miss the days when my hubby and i would go on hikes. my fave was when we climbed half dome in yosemite!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I struggle with the upness of hills too. I've never been that far north, but one of my friends is moving to The Lakes later this year so I guess I'll be going on a visit.
    That 4th photo looks quite scary - like if you let go you'll go tumbling all the way down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could be convinced to do that since there is a pub close. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this looks absolutely amazing. I'm quite jealous! I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun challenge! Definitely some hard working!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome challenge! Thanks so much for linking up:) I loved hearing about this.
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like me on my way to the Vesuvio with my husband. hills, rocks, hills rocks... too much for me! but when I got to the top, it was totally exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like such a pretty climb! I love the rolling hills

    ReplyDelete