Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Getting ready

Things are happening. Trips are being made to the end of the road where my Home on Wheels lives.  A big field in Kent awaits. 20 or so friends will be joining us throughout the week, children, dogs, new friends and old, all sleeping in their own home’s on wheels, and some under canvas.

026

The magazines have been saved for such a time…it’s been hard…but I’ve resisted reading them, and now there’s a very respectable pile. (This reminded me of when I gave up sweets for lent but I would still buy some and save them for when lent was over and I could binge.) Now I don’t even give anything up. I am a bad Catholic.

028

Journal, Notepads and Books are at the ready. This book is the one I’m about to start reading..remember I got it from this lovely lady in a swap a while ago.

029

I’m planning on taking this book to read…

030

And my new sunhat is coming with me, in the hope that the British weather will do me proud. (Yes I will be taking some of that pile of books too…just have to make the choice…!)

031

Rubbish photo…but thought I would model my hat for you. I feel….kind of….old fashioned in it haha

Other things that will be making the list? Pimms. Lots of.  My bicycle, so that I can cycle to the nearest village to buy provisions…sun cream. (Please let me need it). Oh and a Dongle. The wonders of modern technology that means I should be able to keep in touch with civilisation from a field.

Can you feel it in the air? That’s excitement that is…

Smilex

25 comments:

  1. Have fun and I hope the sun shines the whole time your away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Claire, I'm excited for you!

    P.S. I'm about halfway through that book you sent me, I love it! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! You will have a blast sweet girl!! Have fun and take lots of pictures :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. just come across your blog :-) have a lovely time though!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited and I'm not even going! Sounds like an awesome time- have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am very envious, your weekend sounds fab ! Have a Pimms for me please :0)

    The hat is wonderful, it looks great on you ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can hear your excitement from the Midlands, lol.

    glad that you've got reading material covered.
    well, the sun is out today, so fingers crossed it lasts a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sun hat. Love Pimms. Love fields in Kent. Love magazines!

    I want your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love getting ready for holidays at home (well in the landmass of ireland) and hoarding magazines and books and thinking of yummy drinks, enjoy every minute of it!
    thanks for stopping by my blog, you must come back to ireland one day with your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of our holidays were spent caravanning when I was younger and I loved it - have a wonderful time!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fab time ahead. Lots of books and mags, heavenly. As or pimms, well that's my favourite.

    I've just brought a hat almost identical to yours o i think it's far from old fashioned!! In fact I think you look fab!!

    Have a great time Hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm excited for you!! i love everything you're taking, it's the perfect recipe for a relaxing time:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that sounds lovely! How great to have all your friends there, and a big pile of books :) My fingers are crossed that you'll have plenty of sunshine. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. I love that you are bringing lots of books and other reading material. Books, magazines and a journal is something I always need on a trip. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you will have an amazing time and the sun will be on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That photo is not rubbish at all. It is so beautiful!!!
    Have loads of fun!!!!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah Claire! This sounds absolutely amazing! I'm so excited for you. I'm quite jealous actually, take me with you!! haha. I hope you get lots of sunshine and beautiful weather! No rain! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. have an awesome time!
    thank you for your lovely comment!
    please visit my blog
    itsfashiondamnit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, have an amazing time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    x Jasmine

    PS. That hat is super cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh fun! Hope you have some good reading time, and sunshine for your cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed the Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society when we read it in my book club. Looks like you've got a good selection!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a fun trip! you may be back by now, and if so, hope it was a ton of fun! and love that hat. i also save up my magazines before a trip so i can thoroughly enjoy them while relaxing!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yey for Kent. The Guernsey Literary etc. is good in an insubstatial kind of way. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete