Saturday, 9 July 2011

Summer Images Retro Style

The joys of being married to Mr D. Spent 3 and a half hours at A & E last night waiting for them to scrape a piece of metal out of his eye. It was a teeny bit, but would not come out.  The nice lady doctor did it though, after pitting stingy stuff in and putting his head in a ‘vice’. A & E on a Friday night. Oh the joy. I’m tired today, but the sun is shining and I have to go and open the shop, so to cheer us up I thought I would post our some lovely images of summer.

What images sums up Summer for you?

4994214_hSTh5IoZ_c_thumb

1287552319_548ca9db91_thumb

4452720029_d723ae31b6_z_thumb

tumblr_lk13y39bar1qicu7so1_400_thumb

I was definitely born in the wrong era

And I think I may treat myself to a soda float after work

Smilex

16 comments:

  1. beautiful retro pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these images.
    Let's live in retro, just for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross! I'm beyond fussy when it comes to having things in your eye. One day I fainted while ... ah, I don't wanna think about it. Yuck! Glad your husband is okay now.

    Ah,and thanks for sharing these pictures. They are so lovely. How I wish to live one summer in this era - oh, the joy!

    Happy weekend. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos! I definitely feel like I was born in the wrong era, too! And you should definitely treat yourself to a float after work...you deserve it! I hope Mr. D. is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo summery and cool - i love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Mr. D's eye is alright now and sans metal! I'm sure he's so glad to have had you there when they put stingy stuff in his eye and his head in a vice! Sounds so unpleasant :(

    If I could go back to any era, I would go back to the 50's. Love that style! Love these pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun photos :) When I imagine summer as it should be, that's how I see it...
    Happy Summer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i Love love love love love this style! Can we go back to looking like this? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. these photos are gorgeous. i LOVE the balloons.

    xo, lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the poor thing! How did that happen?!

    Love the images. I'd love it if we could go back and dress like that again. So feminine!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm, you had me at float. i think i must have one now! yum! but great retro shots too!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, a soda float! Yes, please...

    I've not been around the past week or so. Have just been catching up on your lovely corner of the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Retro is so Glamorous!!! Images just stunning!!

    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete