Monday, 29 August 2011

August & a winner!!

August was a busy month for my mail man and me. What with it being my Birthday month and all..


Wanna see some goodies I got?


035


Ok, so not all the cards came in the post, but a lot of them did..


038


I couldn’t believe it when I received a package that contained these chocolates from some good friends, they got to me in one piece and can you believe I haven't even eaten them yet! Well in my defence I did get a lot of chocolate, cos you know I love it..


043


You may or may not know that Jihee has become a wonderful friend of mine through blogging. We met through a swap we took part in, and have been exchanging notes and emails ever since.


057


She sent me this lovely little trinket. A jewellery keeper. I love it. Love her.


042


What’s a birthday without a bit of Cath Kidston?


041


Another parcel came from Jasmine all the way from Australia. Jasmine is such a love, she took inspiration from This post I did about my birthday. How cool is that??


055


This is another reason to love Etsy, you can get the lovely shop owners to send a present straight to the lucky friend, complete with cute note.


Talking (typing) of Etsy, I did treat myself to a parcel from Gracie's shop!


056


She makes teeny cute note cards, and head bands, & she even threw in some pretty earrings!!


The other treat to myself was this book.


058


We’ll talk about this another day. But. Fac.in.at.ing.


Oh yes, i may or may not have bought some china with some money I received….. wanna see? Oh go on then..


044


Royal Dalton. August cup. Love.


Can’t believe August is over.


My good friend came to visit last week for the day with my God daughter…who is 15 and looks about 20 btw. We had fish and chips by the sea, and of course ice cream for dessert! They brought me the CK goodies above :)


I really hope i get to wear my new-to-me- maxi dress more than the once…..


028


We just had a bank holiday weekend and I just finished 2 sleep ins. I’ve had a fabulous day by by desk, playing with pretty things. I did take a break to go to a garage sale, and I fear if I bring in the china I brought from the car, Mr D may divorce me. Or throw my dinner in the bin, whichever would not be cool.


Tomorrow I get to work…oooo….prob about 12 hours straight, then I’m off to Yorkshire to visit my Gran for a couple of days with my sister. Grannie’s need visits. So if I don’t get back before the weekend, hope everyone has a happy week!!


PS… I must tell you the winner of the giveaway was Ellouise


Yey for her!


SmileX

30 comments:

  1. oh such lovely things. chocolate+cath kidston+pretty tea cups = my idea of a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the sort of birthday pressies I'd love too :)

    BTW no Henham now - shall be plastered until end of October :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! looks like you had an amazing birthday! love your little blog! found you from a post you left on my little space a few months ago...i'll definately follow you!
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, I can't believe August is over. Look at all those lovelies though!

    Congrats to Ellouise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. August sounds like a great month for you! Belated 'congratulations' for yor birthday and love the thoughtful gifts you received - so nice when you know that they've been chosen just for you!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all those goodies! I love them all. Especially the chocolate. I hope you had a great birthday!

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooooooooh Yipeeeee! Wow! I'm sooooo happy! Thank you Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got the best goodies for you birhtday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That teacup is lovely! I've always wanted to collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lolol, ok that was funny you mentioning that book after the list of gifts and purchases!

    lots of lovely things, and sweet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated birthday :) It seems so much fun.
    Bty,August is my fav month.



    Your new follower .Follow me back .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire I really hope you plan on sharing those chocolates with me!

    P.S. I got your card in the mail! I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats why i love birthdays! is not the party. is definitely not the age. is not the thankfull i `m still alive and such. is the gifts!!! i admit it i just love the gifts ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty birthday packages for a special birthday girl :)

    Congratulations to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what lovely birthday goodies you got! it's always nice to be thought of.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay :D you got a great gifts ;) hehe. LOVVVVE you claire! Sending you an email tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...such lovely sweetness. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday month!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely presents, the chocolate are making me hungry and the teacup making me jealous

    Hope you had a lovely birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have killed that box of chocolates in like two days! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. belated happy birthday! you have lot's of wonderful gifts!

    It's a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gifts, I love gifts :). These are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, seriously?! You got so many goodies in the month of August!!! Mail is just so fun to receive!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like you got a lot of goodies! I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have received some amazing items :) I still have something for you that has not been packaged up and sent off. Sorry :(

    Thanks for entering my giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how fun! I love little presents in the mail! I used to get them when I was away at college but now I moved away back at home! Happy Birthdayyyy! :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for birthdays! Mine was a few weeks ago and Beau's family, and my own, gave me some fun stuff! You really raked it in though! Good haul! =)

    Thank you for the comment on my blog. It's nice to know that Beau and I are not the only ones who are strangely obsessed with their animals. They truly are family. And no one understands the relationship except the ones that are in it.

    Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So it was you who bought all of Gracie's cards! :P

    I'm glad my present arrived safely :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love seeing all your birthday goodies and love, because you are so deserving of it! you + jihee... two of my very favorites! love the little trinket and after your last post on the book you've purchased-- i'm so intrigued!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Cath Kidston bits look great. I love her prints!

    ReplyDelete