Monday, 26 September 2011

Autumn Loves

tumblr_lry4um4uYl1qikkico1_500_thumb

image www.weheartit.com

Apparently Autumn is upon us.

I know this because I just got my 2 magazine subscriptions through my door and they are November issues. November. In September.

I know this because all the other ice cream places along the prom are shut. There are no more donkey rides. I’m not sure if I’m sad about this. Where do the donkeys go? Do they have a nice winter holiday? Are they lonely for all the little children?

I also know this because the nights are drawing in, and Mr D has been madly stocking up the woodshed in anticipation for the cosy evenings by the fire.

P1010382

(My fire. I know. Be jealous.)

Oh, and we just had casserole for tea.

However…somebody up there does not know this about Autumn. My bedroom window is open. Wide open.

I wore tights out on Sat night. In as least gross way as I can explain. I was hot. (read, wet).

tumblr_lrvz5fNk1U1qzrkblo1_500_thumb

image www.weheartit.com (i did not look this cool)

We are still selling ice cream, & I even made Sorbets on Sat.

I can get two loads of washing out on the line. And they dry on the same day.

Mr D and I had a cup of tea in the garden this evening.

Oh Autumn, how I look forward to you visiting.

My Hunters are itching to be worn again.

301363_165732433511947_100002255741395_343417_587764861_n_thumb

image..  www.weheartit.com  (i like to think I look this cool in mine)

Then there’s the cosy cuddly stuff.

22507727_095_c

Just so we are clear. I won’t be buying this from Anthropologie. As much as I love it, I could buy enough mulled wine to last till Jan with the money that this costs.  And I can drink some mulled wine.

Has Autumn visited you yet?

SmileX

17 comments:

  1. Autumn has been coming and going here is Portland, OR! Today it is definitely autumn and I'm loving it. There is something so cozy about the rain and wind and grey skies : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hanging on to the last few weeks of having clothe on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make the most of it as it will get here before you know it. Your fireplace is gorgeous I think I want to put lights around mine now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am rather enjoying this warm weather at the moment so could Autumn just hold off a little longer please? Thanks ever so!

    That said I would very much like your fire when it does get chilly, it looks toasty.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy to say that autumn is in full swing here in the Midwest. I love this time of year! Everything is so crisp and pretty. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are far far from Autumn!! It has still been 90 degrees here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Autumn, it is my favorite time of year. Here in Germany, Autumn has set in with foggy mornings and amber colored leaves in the hills. Chestnuts are roasting, the pumpkin festivals are underway and all is good.

    Well, it was until summer decided to stick around this week and be 77 degrees. Suck - I really wanted to wear colored tights this week.


    ps - you should track down some of those gray ribbed tights. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't imagine how happy I am that autumn is finally here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autumn is definitely here in Wisconsin. My toes are cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a bb girl. FOR LIFE. But one morning I woke up to a very broken bb--i made the switch and it has changed my life. hahaha

    xoxo
    ally

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love autumn! but i don't love how we get magazines in the wrong month. grr. pet peeve! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Autumn pokes his head around and then hides away again. up where i am travelling through right now (Serbia) the days are gloriously sunny but cool nights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how funnn if only autumn fully would come here in Colorado! It came for a couple of days and now it is HOT again! Like in the 70/80s :( So sad! I love those pictures you put on there :) So it hasn't brought me anything yet sadly ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! Autumn is here. I'm loving it so far..I just miss the ice cream stores..Do you make the ice cream you sell?
    Your fireplace is beautiful,and your life with Mr D is simply lovely!



    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. autumn comes and goes around here. it'll be cool one day then blazing hot. or worse, it'll be cool in the morning and by the evening hot. i love the idea of cozying up by the fire... with hot chocolate! and tights are fun, though not when you're sweaty.


    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't have stereotypical autumns here. I wish we did :(

    x Jasmine

    PS. Donkey rides?!

    ReplyDelete