Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Fun (& Danger!) at The Fair

Thankyou for our Annniversary wishes, we had a lovely meal out with some friends in an oldy worldy pub.


Wow, it’s a week since I last posted. I haven't been sitting around eating Bon Bon's though, no. I have been a busy girlie.


Then again, depends on your definition of busy.


I’ve been busy ordering and swapping my stash of Autumn Reading Matter. Because I’m like the Squirrel of readers. I need to have a little stash ready for when the cold nights come and I can cosy up by the fire. Can’t actually wait for that.


026


That’s what the pile that came through the post looks like.


Then their was the Steam Fair at the weekend. And I just know you want to see the danger.


Welcome to The Wall of Death.


079


Where for the bargain price of £2 you can watch men & women riding motorcycles up and around what can only be described as a big wooden tube.


082


The pictures aren’t great, they were going too fast (feelsickmuch?) even for my sport and drive mode…but you get the gist.


022


048


Hmmm. Not really my idea of a Sunday Afternoon bike ride.


064


We watch the Wall of Death every time it’s at a fair. They really should be supported dontcha think? I often think to myself, how do you learn something like this? ‘ok so off you go, just ride vertically up that wooden structure that we only just put together half an hour ago, and then go around as fast as you can. Try not to fall off or throw up’


Other fun rides were there like this caravan on a spit construction.


I did not partake, even though we were told you don’t actually go all the way around, you sit in the middle and the caravan rotates around you.


110


111


I knew my brain would not be sophisticated enough to know this, so I let Mr D go in and do the reckie. I was right. I would have hated it.


Amazing, when you think about it. Some of us spend our spare time Blogging. Whilst others are thinking of 101 ways to save the caravan from the scrapper.


Now I have some serious visiting to do. What are you waiting for? Get the kettle on.


SmileX

16 comments:

  1. That bike thing is incredible. I would love to try it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I see Bumped at the top of your stack! I really liked that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book pile is about that large and in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day at the Fair, those bikes look crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blogging ecourse of elsies looks really exciting! i'll keep you posted. as for squirrelling away a book stash for autumn...i do that too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is scary!!! I've never seen rides like those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun! What an interesting ride! I also can't wait for autumn reading by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great anniversary! And that "bike riding" looks quite interesting! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That caravan ride is awesome! Though I don't like things that spin too much.

    I love your book pile too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading, but sometimes I don't have the motivation or energy to do it. Does that make sense? lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to get in that trailer thing, that looks bizarre and kind of awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! So that ride looks so scary! The blood would rush horribly to my head and im sure to drop right there - lol! It still amazes me that when i was younger I would ride on horrible rollercoasters and free fall rides, i get nauseas just thinking about it now ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pile of books.. I plan to read some of them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of either of those rides before! How cool!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun time!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i love that you read so many books! i'm jealous. currently i'm stuck and not doing so well getting through the Help. i think i'm watching too much TV. bad! and how crazy is that wall with those bikes?!!!


    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete