Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Book Review No. 24!

Thank you for the comments on my holiday snaps. I have more for you, but until then, you can always hop on over to my

other blog 

To check out my new favourite Tea Room in the Lake District!

It’s come hard, this going back to work lark, and I have much to do for the Stall I have on Sunday at a local ‘Up Market’ Yeah, like a market….but posher haha!! But i have Friday & Sat off to sort out my treasures.

I’ve got a bit of a back log of book reviews to do, so here’s one for ya!

m

Imagine losing the most important ten years of your life …

Alice is twenty-nine.She adores sleep, chocolate, and her ramshackle new house.She’s newly engaged to the wonderful Nick and is pregnant with her first baby.

There’s just one problem.All that was ten years ago …

Alice has slipped in a step-aerobics class, hit her head and lost a decade.Now she’s a grown-up, bossy mother of three in the middle of a nasty divorce and her beloved sister Elisabeth isn’t speaking to her.This is her life but not as she knows it.

Clearly Alice has made some terrible mistakes.Just how much can happen in a decade?

Can she ever get back to the woman she used to be?

First five sentences… She was floating, arms outspread, water lapping her body, breathing in a summery fragrance of salt and coconut.  There was a pleasantly satisfied breakfast taste in her mouth of bacon and coffee and possibly croissants.  She lifted her chin and the morning sun shone so brightly on the water she had to squint through spangles of light to see her feet in front of her.  Her toenails were painted a different colour.  Purple. Funny.

Where I got my hands on it..  Ever heard of  The Book People? Well they are so cheap. Every now and again I order a pile from them. And its free delivery with orders over 25.00. So it has to be done. Cos you don’t want to be charged for postage do you?

The cover.. Pretty. Nice and dreamy & kind of floaty, which is quite fitting for the subject.

 

Made me want to… While I was reading this book I spent a lot of time thinking back ten years ago. When you sit and think about all the things you’ve achieved in the last ten years you will be amazed. And how you’ve changed….or not!

Who’s the lucky duck that’s getting it next?.. This is going to my book swap friend, I think she will love it!

This book reminded me in a lot of ways of Sophie Kinsella’s novel ‘Remember Me’

I am a sucker for these types of books and I’m not really sure why. They are very light reading but really entertaining.

Poor Alice can’t figure out how it’s come that her husband hates her so much, and it’s weird when you see how much she has changed in ten years without realising it. She’s almost a completely different person, and one whom she doesn't even like!

Ten years ago, I had never made ice cream before. I didn’t know the difference between a Cappuccino and a Latte, let alone made any, I certainly didn’t think I would be in charge of a shop with a staff of about 10. But here I am. 

SmileX

13 comments:

  1. It's amazing how things change in 10 years and I know that I would have made different choices if I'd have known what was going to happen! Sometimes a bit of light reading is just what's called for!
    Loved your holiday photos!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds a good book - one to look out for :)

    Good luck for Sunday - those markets are great - shame I'll miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with AC, life changes so much in so little time. Incredible. I have to say I love my life right now and I wouldn't change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you include where you got it and little things like that. I have a Goodreads account filllled with books I need to read so your little reviews can help me add some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh I so dont want to think about 10 years ago, I am quite happy where I am now and I am never taking a step class cause I never want this to happen to me hehehe Any excuse to get out of excercie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this sounds AMAZING!! That would be so scary to wake up and life be so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sophie Kinsella, so I'm sure I'd like this : ) I just wish I had more time to read, but instead I just blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love to read but never give myself enough time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love Sophie Kinsella so I so will add this to my read list:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post! Life is amazing, isn't it? I need to check out this book. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a creative idea for a book! This sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out! THanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative book idea. Ten years ago I was in first year Uni looking forward to my life as a journalist. Fast forward ten years and I'm working in IT, haha! I think my 18-year-old self would be horrified that I'm working in such a non-creative profession.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete