Sunday, 9 October 2011

Holiday Snaps #1 The Day I stayed Home Alone

 

043

As promised….a few snaps of my own from our week away.

Welcome to Priest End Cottage, Chapel Stile,  The Lake District.

We have never stayed in a village in The Lakes before, preferring to stay in the middle of a hill, no neighbours barring sheep (pun intended) no phone reception, & sometimes even no TV.

This time we opted for a wee bit of civilisation.

In Chapel Stile, we had neighbours (the whole village was pretty much holiday lets apart from the nice little 90yr old lady we found down the street) We had a village shop, a Church, and a pub! Happy Days!

My Nikon didn’t come out much as it rained so much I didn't want to get it wet, and the old point and shoot was just handier for climbing the hills with. (there just aren't enough hands available to cling onto the rocks, sort the clothing out …waterproofs are on and off constantly…. and hold on to the prized DLSR)

This day however, I was home alone so I took it out to play.

055

I took a little visit to the church next door. I like looking at church’s. I had heard on the grapevine that there was a coffee morning, but there was no one there when I went in. (I resisted helping myself to the tins of biccies that were on the table…in case HE was watching Smile

048

See we did get a bit of sun light

047

051

049

Stained glass is so beautiful

052

The Church sat on a hill over looking the village. See that hill in the distance? We walked to the other side of that one day.

050

After I had been to church, I walked down to the village shop, bought some bottles of wine, then lit the fire and read my book, and waited on the return of  The Adventurers.

058

More holiday snaps coming up.

I’ve spent the day catching up on laundry (bleuuuuuur), getting some stock ready for a stall I have at a market next weekend (excited!!!!) and visiting family.

How about you?

SmileX

20 comments:

  1. I've loved looking at your holiday snaps! Like you I absolutely love looking at churches. I remember when I was in Germany it was so amazing to see these beautiful cathedrals that had been there for thousands of years! And I just love how pretty stained glass is. Your fire place looks so cozy. I can't wait until it gets time to fire ours! I look forward to seeing more of your holiday pics.

    Today has been a bit of a lazy Sunday for me. After church and a big lunch with my parents, I watched a couple of episodes of Grey's Anatomy on netflix before taking a nice long nap :)Tonight we'll have dinner with Philip's family and watch some football :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. A little like you I love looking around churches, I always think they have such a great feel to them.

    I have done food shopping, supervised the Sunday lunch, (which I hate, I would much rather be doing it instead!) and packed for my overnight stay away from home, ready for work miles away.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute, we LOVE fun churches in Europe:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is what I want to see when I come to see you one day ;)

    I love how much history England has. Australia just doesn't have anything even remotely close.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. First picture - such a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely post


    http://www.rpsjewellers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely adventure!..
    I love that you guys walked to the other side of the hill!
    I'm doing laundry tomorrow..(bleurrr):)



    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lovely time, despite those hailstones and winds. we love the lake district!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to come visit you!

    P.S. There's a Le Mode Accessories going on today at my blog. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't beat some alone time. What a lovely church.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds just heavenly! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like spending days at home by myself. I get so bored!!! I have to have almost constant social interaction in order to be happy.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw, that looks SO relaxing. and you have a stall at the market? that is awesome! i've always thought it would be fun to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photos are just gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to get out and take some beautiful shots. I adore stain glassed windows. Especially when the light filters through.

    As for my tiny mail it would be send in a larger envelope. It's waaaaayyy too teeny to be sent through regular mail. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks so beautiful there; the cottage is so sweet. i love looking at churches too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful church! the hubby and i finally got to get away for a night. we went to a hotel in newport beach and we got upgraded to an ocean view room. it was nice!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your week is going well!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pictures! I love seeing pictures of pretty, little churches. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete