Saturday, 29 October 2011

Holiday Snaps #2 Our Little Place

Home from a wonderful two days in London! We had such a fantastic time, but the pics are on Mr D’s camera, which he has gone off with so I thought I’d show you some other pics!

Following on from My First Holiday Snaps Post,   here’s some pictures of the Cottage & village we stayed in.

036

Here is Chapel Stile. If you can see the church, our cottage was right next door.

037

You can just see the church on the left behind the cottages here, and the big hill behind was one we went over to find Grasmere. Where there was My New Favourite Tea Shop.

060

The lounge area. How cosy was that fire after a long day walking.

057

We always have a Open fire or wood burner in the cottage when we go away, it’s one of the Must Haves.

061

This is the dining area off the kitchen. I loved that window seat, I sat on it and watched the walkers setting off for the day, or stood in the street looking puzzled over their maps!

091

That sign says No Parking. Lilly Landy thinks she can park anywhere. We were asked (politely) by the vicar to move her on the Monday for a wedding that was taking place in the church. We saw no sign of the wedding. Do vicars tell little white lies??

063

The view from the kitchen out to the front garden and the nice little bench, which didn't get much sitting on due to wetness!

068

As the cottage is on a hill there were some steps leading up to a nice little sitting out area, and what a lovely view we had from there!

Mr D and I have been together for 22 yrs and we have only ever been abroad together once, when we went to NYC for our 10th wedding anniversary. With places like Chapel Stile at our fingertips, can you blame us!?

Do you go abroad for your holidays or do you like to explore your own country?

I can’t wait for the next holiday!

SmileX

11 comments:

  1. This looks so cozy and lovely : ) Ian and I usually vacation in Mexico and once in Hawaii, but now that we have a house and hope to have babies soonish we've had to rethink our vacation budget and plan to explore the Pacific NW of America (Oregon, Washington, and Canada) more! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, you have such a sweet life. Honestly the more I think about it the more I love that your blog is called My Little Life. It's so sweet and just FITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view to have. Looks divine.

    Yes vicars do tell little fibs at times!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Looks amazing.

    Check out my blog and if you'd like to follow let me know Ill be sure to follow back!

    Summer-Raye

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, after seeing these pics i totally want to go abroad for the holidays! what incredible views!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful cottage and village! I don't blame you at all for staying in England for a vacation! If I lived there, I don't know that I would ever leave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower..Follow each other?..
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would to be where you are and see what you see!


    Rachael

    p.s. It's the last day to enter the giveaway on my blog! Be sure to enter when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place looks amazing and so cosy. I would love to have a holiday there. I like to do both. Go overseas and explore my own country. I guess it all depends on how long the holiday is for. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place, I love it. I would love to be there for at least three days, away from everyone and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-mazing! I wish we had little towns like that in Australia!!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete