Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Didn’t We Have A Luverrrly Time

The day we went to London!

We caught the National Express Coach which is by far the cheapest way of getting to London from our home, 6.40am saw us waiting at the bus stop with our rucksacks and Scooby snacks & happy smiley faces Smile

We arrived in London by 10am having made several stops on the way to pick up more passengers.

The area we were heading for, Shepherds Bush is somewhere we have never explored, and we had a lovely walk through Hyde Park, up Kensington High Street, along Notting Hill, Portobello Road, and to our little B&B.

Mr D was the photographer..

001

A funny little tree in Hyde park..

002

It was drizzly that day, hence the hat!  We saw the Diana Memorial Fountain, which I will show you another day..

025

The graffiti is everywhere, but it is so pretty!! This one was on Portobello. Unfortunately, the market wasn’t on that day, but all the shops had lots of treasures outside on the pavements.

027

Heard of The Hummingbird Bakery? There’s a book….This is the shop on Portobello…

026

I’m thinking the book may be on my Christmas list..

032

This was our nice little ‘local’ Where we had eats, and waited for the gig to start across the road.

036

Inside The Shepherds Bush Empire. A venue we will definitely go to again.

106

We went for a ‘night cap’ at our local before heading off to bed.

110

The next morning after a big breakfast, we headed off on the tube to the Embankment, we have tried to go on The London Eye several times but for various reasons it’s never worked out. This time we did it! There are lots of pic so I’ll save them for another post.

153

Of course I have to check out the competition. This ice cream parlour in Covent garden is well worth a look. The ice creams are gi-nor-mous.

155

Just a tad top heavy…no?

We came away thinking we should definitely do that more often.

SmileX

21 comments:

  1. a fab time! i think we used to take the national express as well.

    i don't think i've ever explored portobello road.

    i have to tell the Mr about the size of those ice-creams. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures! i wish i could go on holiday!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shepherds Bush Empire is a nice intimate venue isn't it?
    You have to visit Portobello Road on a Saturday - but go early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fab trip, I love travelling by coach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time :) Despite the fact that you were up so early on a train but it was romantic, no?!?

    I love all of your pictures!

    P.S. I got your beautiful postcard and it is going to be framed :) Watch out for the postman :)

    xoxo

    P.P.S Yes screw that biatch (sorry for the language) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun was had by all. Cant wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look loverrrrly, especially that ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a perfect day!!!

    i want some of that ice cream :)

    THANKYOU for your first installment of our happy mail swap (again, SO LOVE that we got paired up!) "Great Gable"-- what a gorgeous card. Thank-you for it and for the british flag postcard! OF COURSE i have to surprise my twin sis with it ;)

    i'm sending off #2 tomorrow so be looking for it xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I went into those giant trees! They are great!

    It looks like you had a fabulous time!

    I must check out the antiquey place the next time I am over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just blog hopping and came across your blog.. I think you should enlarge your pictures.. I really really wanted to see a bigger picture of that ice cream cone! Looks amazing!!


    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love love london, i went there last year and had the best time!!!
    p.s. i'm so curious about your comment about the blurry pic i took - that you try not to take those? is it a style? It happened by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Hyde Park! :-) Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ice cream looks so yummy! It sounds like you had a lovely afternoon! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh London... I miss it.

    I saw you mention Kirstie's Handmade Britain on Micaela's blog this morning. She's my favourite! I'm looking forward to watching this new series. The Homemade Christmas specials from the past two years were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! beautiful pictures! brings London a bit closer... Hope I get to go there soon! Also, thanks for your comment on my blog and about the earrings - i got them from an art store in France. they weren't sold as earrings yet, so i bought some hooks too. It's my favorite store, every time when Im visiting France (it's in the southern of France, a small town called Narbonne, 2-hour drive from Barcelona) i go there and buy all kinds of stuff there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had a wonderful time in London from the look of your photos! I always love visiting London, I go whenever I can (and now my brother liver there so I have an extra excuse!).
    What do Scooby snacks taste like??!?
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had an amazing time!!!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I love London. It looks like you covered alot during your quick trip. How was the eye?

    Nothing wrong with a giant cone!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a great trip! The Hummingbird Bakery is literally divine - if I could live there I would!
    L x

    ReplyDelete