Wednesday, 9 November 2011

The London Eye

Remember when we went to London Town?

We decided to go on The London Eye, as it really is a bit daft when you live so close and haven't been on. We have tried to go on in the past. The first time our coach we booked was cancelled…and the second time it was closed for maintenance would you believe.

So third time lucky it was indeed!

110

The view from the Embankment. You can see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament in the distance

118

Top Tip. It was half term the day we went and we hadn’t booked on line as we were unsure of the good old British weather, so we went early…as soon as we had stuffed down breakfast at the B&B.

It seemed we got there just in time, as the minute we joined the queue to get our tickets, the ticket hall filled up with families.

119

The queue to get on The Eye only took about 15mins, it was very organised, I was pretty impressed at how they got us all on there.

This is the point where I could share the story about the security men checking the bags and finding my Teddy Bear, which unfortunately for Mr D he was carrying in his bag at the time Smile

But we wont go into that, or you may think we’re all a bit odd.

126

145

Lets admire the lovely view instead.

147

Forgive the slight roughness in our faces. We had been rocking and rolling the night before.

If you ever find yourself in London, this is a must do.

SmileX

15 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! The views are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty!! I want to go there sometime.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little like yourself, i adore London but have never actually made it onto the London eye. The views look stunning.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had perfect weather for an Eye 'flight'. Can see so far can't you :)

    We took the boys on many years ago when they were only 3 & 5 - little one loved it - big one held on tight to the bench for the whole trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at that London blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those views are so beautiful! Going to London, and The London Eye, is definitely on my bucket list of things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I DO find myself in London someday! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to go to London!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun!! I love all of the pictures but I especially love the Mr. bear story and I can not wait to get to hang out with Mr.Bear! Who knows he might end up staying with me? If he likes me more! hehehe!! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The london took forever to get there but the views are gorgeous from up there aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are lovely, everything looks amazing; I so want to go on a vacation after seeing these pictures, I bet you guys had a great time! You have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH! I wish I could go! I will one day and I better see you! haha

    ps got your email! :D made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, amazing view! glad that 3rd time was the charm!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete