Thursday, 24 November 2011

Thanks

tumblr_ltr4klUp4U1r3v3qso1_400_thumb

A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I've got.”

gc_givethanks_1_thumb

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you?" 

happythanksgiving-1_thumb

Gratitude is the best attitude

Happy Thanks giving to all my American friends & family

While you are all eating Turkey & Pumpkin Pie, and dashing out at midnight for the Black Friday Sales….(i really want someone to explain Black Friday…what is it all about? And why is it called Black Friday?!) I am stuck in the house all day waiting for a parcel collection.

This would be worse if I didn’t have a roaring log fire, blogs to entertain, and a box of fruit pastilles.

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. 

SmileX

8 comments:

  1. This is cute :) Black Friday... Yeah I want an explanation too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire..that's very sweet! Have you used your scarf yet..I have been wearing mine:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of presents... I got my magazine in the post from you this evening, AND my first Christmas card of the year! Thank you, thank you, so very much! You are so sweet, Claire, and I'm thankful for you.

    I plan to sit by the fire this evening and read all about Ms Allsopp's festive Christmas decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a beautiful thanks giving!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...where did the name black friday come from...I am going to wikipedia it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's what I got:
    The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving down here, simply so I could go to Black Friday sales! Haha!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete