Friday, 9 December 2011

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

025

I’ve been spending a lot of time with this view lately.

We haven’t yet broken and switched the central heating on. It’s becoming a challenge to see how long we can go without. The wood pile is certainly depleting.  Lucky I married a man with a chainsaw.

Now, I have some other pretty things to look at Smile

014

I must have been fairy light shopping in the sales last year as they seem to have been breeding under my bed…

019

I love unwrapping my tree ornaments from the tissue paper every year..027

Most of my ornaments have been bought for me, or made by my mum. The teddy below I’ve had the longest of all my decorations.

029

028

031

Mum usually buys me angels & fairies which is fine by me.

Apart from decorating, I’ve been writing Christmas cards. Now I just need to write the letters to go with them.

Remember THIS POST  I wrote last year about the dreaded round robin letters?

Who’s guilty then?  Not me….

I hope you are all getting into the Christmas spirit.

SmileX

16 comments:

  1. I always love a fireplace around christmas time! We have yet to test out our new fireplace in our house but I finally got a log, so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your decorations look stunning, very Christmasy.

    Whilst our house looks Christmasy and all the presents are wrapped I still haven't written any cards! Maybe this weekend I shall get them done.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your decorations look stunning, very Christmasy.

    Whilst our house looks Christmasy and all the presents are wrapped I still haven't written any cards! Maybe this weekend I shall get them done.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like Christmas in our house :) and very inviting with the fireplace!

    I LOVE your Christmas decorations :)

    xoxo

    I'm excited! 'Tis the season sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fairy lights. I just bought some pretty colored ones today. My tree is looking pretty. And I have sent all my Christmas cards for the overseas people. So hopefully you get yours soonish. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very cosy. I love fairy lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your Christmas spirit! Everything looks so beautiful and cozy. I just love ornaments and can't wait to receive mine from my twinkie's ornament swap! There's nothing like relaxing with a good book next to the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love christmas time. everything is so festive and fun! the only thing is once it's over it's kinda a bummer. it's also a tad stressful. but overall i love it!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, all your decorations look so lovely! I love classic fireplaces all decorated for Christmas :) I've definitely been getting into the holiday spirit lately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an absolutely beautiful scene to me Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I wish we had a fire place! And I wish I could have a white Christmas one year!

    I love all your fairy lights!!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to get your Christmas card! ;-) Loving the holiday cheer in this post! Looking good my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're going through the firewood too! It's so cozy, sitting by the fire at Christmastime...

    ReplyDelete