Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Tis the Season..

 

imagesCADBOLNH

For giving.

This year, instead of doing my bit to contribute to this…

recycling-paper-bale

I have cut down on my Christmas card sending. Do I really need to send cards to people I see everyday? No I didn't think so either.

Or, worse to the couple that live in the same town, but can hardly be bothered to even say hello when I pass them on the street? Seriously, next time say hello, or don’t bother sending me a card, I'll live. I don’t even like you that much.

So instead, I gave a little donation to these furry friends..

34219_1146547801552_1763278492_287041_240151_n

The Donkey Sanctuary

And yes. I feel good.

SmileX

11 comments:

  1. I love Donkey's they are the cutest animals. Thanks so much for my card and postcards, I loved them. Your letter is in the mail today sorry I have been so slack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! I'm with you on this one. Its a waste of money and trees.

    X x

    PS Good luck in my blog birthday give away.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure those Donkeys (and the people who care for them) will be waaay more grateful for the cash than most of the people you usually send cards too would be for the cards. I do love receiving cards in the mail though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!!!!! Bravo and yay for those cute lil donkeys!

    I am SO happy to gotten a Christmas card from you! Now I know to never get on your bad side - hehe!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the card..you are totally sweet..im mentioning you on my blog tomorrow..please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in the Post Office last week a woman in front of me asked for 72 stamps and a man asked for 63, OMG!
    As I only see my family and friends 2 or 3 times a year I like to send them cards. Altho I have cut 3 people off my list this year - I'm so hard lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so kind and sensible!!!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted a donkey.
    Nowhere to keep one though!
    Have a great Christmas.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, I feel the same way about christmas cards! we went the frugal route this year and I just posted ours on the blog for whoever to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea!

    I didn't manage to get any Christmas cards out this year :/ I had them out on my writing desk, along with stickers/stamps etc ... and then they just sat there :/

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete