Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Hello February

We are well and truly into 2012 now, there’s a lot to look forward to in February

hello february

February is the month of love and even more so in our house as it will be the 23rd anniversary of Mr D and I’s first date

 

love

Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January

We have had a very mild winter so far, but the last couple of days have seen little peeks of Joe Frost himself

frost

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation

 

I for one am quite looking forward to some frosty days, as I have some new welly boots on their way to me to do some serious leaf crunching in.

You can read the post about my welly boot love here

February will be the last full month in my present job, and more training for my new one, so busy but exciting times ahead!

What are you looking forward to in February?

Oh, Mr D had a good birthday, even if he had to go to work, he did finish early which is the good thing about being your own boss I suppose, no one looking at the clock when you want to run home and drink Malt Whiskey!

SmileX

17 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to my birthday, although I'm not looking forward to being another year older!

    Of course valentines day, a bit of love is always a good thing..

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking forward to my Bestie's Birthday and Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh love those purple wellies! Can't wait for Valentine's Day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...I want those purple rain boots.. I just wished it would rain more often so I could buy and wear them actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to Valentines Day!!! Yes, yes I know everyday day should be valentines day blah-blah-blah!! I can't help it I love AMOR!!!!:D

    I love those purple boots! Add some polka dots or some sparkle and they would be absolutely perfect!!!!

    P.S. I was laughing at the upside down turtle comment! lol! :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely purple boots! happy anniversary to you and Mr. Do on your first date! valentine's day used to be more romantic for my hubby and i but since the kiddos we don't go out much. but i'm really looking forward to meeting the new baby this upcoming month!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on surviving January! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Harrogate is my hometown - small world! I miss it very much!

    Congrats on your anniversary, amazing achievement!! I love your blog and your lovely writing style has me giggling - now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. February means that the year is truly underway - I feel like I'm only just catching up now! I do like your wellies - very practical for outdoor mooching at this time of year.
    So, on with the love, it's a tradition I very much enjoy keeping!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so excited i share the same month we met our spouses! too fun! the boots are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for the brand new month! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just excited for SPRING to get here! I hope February goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We get to be part of a magazine photoshoot - so I am excited for that. The Mr. also has his reading week this month so we should have some time to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE had our first proper frost today, down in Cornwall, I am welcoming at the moment as it makes a very welcome change from MUD!! Its been crazy muddy here for months now, and I had fun with the kids this afternoon smashing the ice puddles! I also share your love of boots...Ive been planning on getting some posh boots too! Happy Anniversary to you and your man, thats really sweet that you celebrate your first date..aww x

    ReplyDelete