Sunday, 8 January 2012

Home town Tour Felixstowe Ferry Sunshine in January

On Friday, the sun was shining and so sis and I took Charlie (sis’s new waggy tail) to Felixstowe Ferry, for a play on the beach, a chance to get salty water on the paws, and a nice cuppa outside the cafe.outside the ferry cafe

Doesn't look like a Friday morning in January does it?

Are you having a sunny January where you are? (I’m pretty sure my friends in Australia are!)011

The cafe has been there since Noah it seems, and actually talking (typing) of Noah, when the tide comes up, this is what the area around the Ferry looks like..

felixstowe ferry flooded

(image from Google images)

Not much fun for the poor homeowners down there, whose homes are actually pretty much just sheds on stilts..but I guess the owners of the Houseboats will be ok…

008

Charlie just knew there were sausages around…I think he could read the signs..010

He sat and looked out for them, just in case one got astray..

004

Yes he likes his tartan blanket to go with him, just in case the concrete is a wee bit cold on his delicate behind..002

001

The photo below is an old one I found on Google images, the Ferry takes you over to Bawdsey where you can sit on the little beach and picnic, or marvel at  Bawsey Manor. In 1936 Bawdsey Manor became a top-secret research establishment for the MOD and it was here that Sir Robert Watson Watt and his team developed the new RADAR technology. 

I think I need a trip over there sometime this year.

felixstowe ferry

I’ll be sure to take my camera with me, so you can come too Smile

The rest of my weekend has been one of organising..I now have a row of colourful folders housing all my boring office stuff. I have more to do, but I’m feeling like a rather suity-office-type right now.

I’ve also had a bit of a New Year clear out and have sold a lot of excess baggage that I don’t need on the delightful eBay.  My office is looking a bit like a post office, but my bank account is thanking me.

Hope your weekend has been fun!

SmileX

14 comments:

  1. This warm weather has been ridiculous! I'm definitely not complaining though. Charlie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks so pretty (and you're right, Australia is getting some lovely sunshine).

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! I always love new readers. And you're right... Anthropologie is probably another word for 'my bank account is empty' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big tide!
    I love Bawdsey - one of my favourite summer places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like this warm weather, I would love some snow, just a little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heat wave in Qld at the moment so definantly hot in Australia. Charlie is so cute and has such a handsome, photogenic little face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie is a very handsome and distinguished looking hound.
    Only 29 degrees here in Perth today, so not too bad really (for someone who hates Summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire
    Happy New Year to you. I'm looking forward to reading some more book reviews.and I've been inspired to add a couple of books to my ever-growing list after you read/recommended them.
    Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for an award over on my blog. Don't worry if you're not the 'award' type, I won't be offended if you don't want to do anything with it!
    All the best
    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your town looks so quaint Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire,

    Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the lovely Christmas card and post cards you sent me! It was such a nice surprise :)

    So glad you're having a sunny January - what a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year! They look like picures from a summer holiday..not mid winter! This weather is starting to freak me out a bit now, as much as I like the mild weather , my gardening brain wants some frosts to kill of all the bugs and weeds! Sounds like you been doing the sorting and organising that i desperately need to get on with too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place. You would think it was summer :) And the weather here in Brisbane has been hot and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are lovely, I need to come and visit Felixstowe soon.. ! Also, I am sorry it's taken so long for me to catch up on your blog. Are you on Twitter? If so do add me as I would love to chat :) @prettygreentea

    ReplyDelete