Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Snapshots of Christmas

I’m amazed it’s Wednesday already, this was not part of the plan. The plan that said I would be blogging more frequently. Just lets put that one behind us and move on.

Anyway, I know you’ve been dying to see some holiday snaps, so I thought tonight would be the night. Enjoy..

004

This was before Christmas. We were about to go to the Christmas dinner of the Estate that Mr D does a lot of work for. So we got all glammed up and put our wellies on to trudge across the field. There was transport at the other side of the field, which is needed when the bar is free all night… (in true fashion blogger style I will tell you my long purple velvet coat was from a charity shop 9.00, my floral wellies from the 75% off sale in accessorise, and my tights are indeed mustard colour)

007

A friend makes us a Christmas cake every year. I’m not even that keen on fruit cake. And Mr D is extremely fussy about his fruit cake. The work Moist is mentioned in the same breath as fruit cake rather a lot. But this. This is always worthy of a slice.

004

I got some books!!!! Rejoice! Because the girl…she does love a good book!

011

A friend bought me this Kirstie Allsopp stamp set which I blogged about Here.

053

We went to a friends for drinks…and I stayed away from the freaky layered drink with the rude name…because we are not 15 anymore. Just because everyone else is knocking it back doesn't mean we have to. We have learnt our limits in the drink department, and our stomach thanks us for that.

009

006

We had the obligatory walk along the prom on Boxing day, excuse the wind hair…found the pub…then made the mistake of going to the park on the way home. Oh but it was funny.

023

See that man? I married him. Bet you’re green.

077

Mr D & the niece took part in a friends off road day. It was fancy dress so of course Kirstin was a Land Girl in the jeep.

I have no pictures of New Year. Apparently I am not the professional photographer/blogger I like to think if I can’t carry my DLSR around and whip it out at the drop of a hat.  But we really didn’t set the place alight, it was just nice and relaxed.

And there you have it. My holiday in snapshots.

Time to really get to grips with 2012.

SmileX

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time. I'm useless at photos too! So don't worry your not on your own.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pics and looks like you had a Merry Christmas! Love that stamp set - JEALOUSY!! haha
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bathing boxes so cute and Mr D at the park hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to walk along the prom on boxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and Mr D are such a cute couple! i love the holiday photos. really want to try a slice of that yummy fruit cake!!!

    BTW, I'm due Feb 10th!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time filled with many memories! And in response to your comment on my blog: go play with an iphone! i was against them until i bought mine and am so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun :) I think the walk along the prom at the seaside is almost the law for Boxing Day. We were in Aldeburgh and it was heaving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had such a wonderful holiday season spent with your Mr D and friends! I said I was going to blog more and make more time to read blogs (because I've missed them SO terribly - yours included! I've missed you tons!) because I haven't been able to much when it was the holidays. So here's hoping we'll be able to more in 2012 :) Speaking of the holidays - thank you, thank you, thank you for sending me some Christmas magic via ROYAL MAIL! I screamed with excitement over that stamp and the lovely prints you gave me. So very thoughtful of you! I've been meaning to thank you properly as opposed to just saying it here in a blog comment - but I'll do it here too! Thanks love :)

    I am in love with your Christmas dinner outfit! Mustard tights with purple velvet jacket - beauty! But the floral wellies just make your outfit complete! I love it :) You girls look so cute in your wellies! :)

    Mr D in the park - love it! You're lucky to have married such a playful man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful pictures!! so glad you had a wonderful christmas! also, how awesome is it that you have spitfire grill :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great Christmas! I too forget to bring my camera most of the time - it's to bulky to carry around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man it sounds and looks like you had an amazing time! Aww Claire! I miss reading your blog! I'm going to go catch up right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a fab collection of books and that stamp set...well I am very jealous :) ! I just wanted to let you know I replied to the commented you left on our blog a while back ...! zxxx

    ReplyDelete