Monday, 26 March 2012

May the odds be EVER in your favour…

 

After some slight persuasion….I managed to get Mr D to take me to see The Hunger  Games.  And am I glad he did.

TheHungerGamesVFCastPhoto

Loved the cast. Woody Harrelson is exactly how I imagined Haymitch to be. Effie has become a kind of cartoon character on the big screen, I almost thought she has stopped by on the way from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

And Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Who’d have thought.

If you don’t know what The Hunger Games is about, it’s set in a post apocalyptic world, which has been split up into 12 districts (there were once 13 but this one has been destroyed after the uprising) and ruled by The Capital. The Hunger Games is a  reality TV show taken to the extreme, each district enters 2 tributes. 24 go in. Only one comes out.

the reaping

There were a couple of bits missing, but the film was just over 2 hours long, so you can’t blame them for missing out an odd bit here and there. And I guess the finale at the end was tamed quite considerably to justify the 12A rating.

kat niss

The best thing for me about seeing the movie was that it explained a lot about the arena the games took place in. I couldn’t quite picture  how The Capital manipulated the Arena with fire, beasts etc.

Fab. Can’t wait for the next two!!

SmileX

14 comments:

  1. never read them but i understand the thrill of seeing an enjoyable read come to life on the big screen. just adds a further dimension. So did Mr D enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek I can't wait to see this! LOVED The books. Woo hoo glad you liked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the movie, I thought the books were phenom! I'm glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really does sound like a good movie - i haven't read the books and can't decide if i should read them before i watch them orafter.

    <3 katherine
    fashion.kitkatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im seeing it some time this week I cant wait!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little son is (hopefully) going to see this next week with his friends - he has just finished book 1 and the plan is get through the other 2 before he goes. After all the hype, perhaps I should give them a go too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing this movie tonight...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to go see it, but I can not wait! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to watch it still but I will this week...so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw it this weekend - really enjoyed it but not as thrilled with it as my friends who had also read the book. I think my problem is I'm such an imaginative reader that I have everything built and furnished in my head - and when it doesn't look that way in film format I always feel disappointed somehow! But generally I enjoyed it. What did your hubby make of it? My bf hadn't read the book but enjoyed the film! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the books, but my hubs really wants to see the movie...Funny right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved it! My favs were Stanley Tucci as Caesar and Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Tucci was EXACTLY what I imagined and Kravitz was nothing I imagined and yet he fit PERFECTLY.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it, loved it, loved it! I'm seeing it for the second time tonight. I'm taking Mr LG, who has only heard about it from me (hasn't read the books). I'm interested to hear what he thinks considering he's never read it.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh I loved the hunger games too!
    I'm excited for the next to movies as well, I just hope we don't have to wait too long

    ReplyDelete