Thursday, 19 April 2012

what are you gonna do after you finish reading this.

its up to you

I’ve been thinking about my Blogs lately, sometimes I wonder if there isn’t enough substance. I post about my jolly’s away in our Home on Wheels, the books I read, the cosy times I spend by the fire, pretty things I buy, or dream about.

“Life's not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it's about doing, being and becoming.
It's about the choices you've just made, and the ones you're about to make, it's about the things you choose to say - today.”

My life is good

“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: it is not to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

But I don’t think it’s because I’m lucky or blessed, or that any higher being is pathing the way for me.

My life is the way I made it.

The choices I made along the way have got me where I am today.

“I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...
I hope you dance…”

My life isn’t perfect. But it is perfect for me. Right now.

“This bright, new day... complete with 24 hours of opportunities, choices, and attitudes… a perfectly matched set of 1440 minutes.This unique gift, this one day, cannot be exchanged, replaced or refunded. Handle with care. Make the most of it. There is only one to a customer.”

Are you happy with your choices so far?

SmileX

13 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I love reading your blog, and always find your book reviews really interesting, as i'm an avid reader! What you've just written in your post above has really made me THINK. mainly because i'm unsure about a choice that i've recently made...I won't bore you with the details, but it's to do with going back to work after having my little boy, my husband and I have been worried that we've made the wrong decision, and that we are almost just going along with it so we don't let other people down (such as my boss and my childminder!). Long story, but your words above struck a chord for me, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You my Dear I really needed to read this post today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a dose of inspiration to start my day. thank you claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration! Should be cleaning the kitchen but am going to swan off and do some sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an inspiring read.
    I think it is good to be motivated and pursue experiences and opportunities.
    However, I do believe that God orchestrates my life and the lives of others. However, I do not believe that He will just make everything happen with us sitting doing nothing. That is not to say that He CAN'T but that He wants us to put actions into the doors He opens.
    I am actually about to blog about an experience that I am currently in and He has been doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like cosy, I like books, I like looking at pretty things, I like your blog and I like you too Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for some wonderful inspiration, Claire! :)
    And your blog is absolutely great! I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog post, very inspirational. I am forever the optimist, or try to be.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your blog, but I love you more!! There are many choices that I wish I hadn't made, but there's no time for what if? All I have is the present time, and I LOVE my life, I wouldn't change anything! And when I really think about it, it's because of sime of those choices that I am where I am today ;) Such an inspiring post my sweet friend! P.S. Yes the weather will be beautiful when you get here!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, I have a "question post" too.
    There a few things that drive me crazy in my life, but I'm so happy where I am now, I don't regret one single thing. YES, I'm happy with my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely don't have that much substance on mine but I want to do it more often. I'm pretty happy with my life and there are even more goals that I want to achieve. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blogs that are about real things, and that's why I love your blog.

    I'm happy with the choices I've made in my life, because they have led me to where I am today and I couldn't change that for the world.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made a not very good choice on someone who broke my heart almost 25 years ago, and he recently caused a problem that, for the first time, made me wish I had never met or cared about him. I have to remind myself that I truly believe I wouldn't be who I am now--or appreciate my husband nearly as much--if he hadn't been a part of my past, though.

    ReplyDelete