Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Feeling Sorry for myself

I was just thinking to myself the other day how I haven't been ill for ages. So then illness decided to teach my smug self a lesson. And here I am. It hit me so suddenly that I had to abandon my car in a not so cool way outside my house because I couldn’t see what I was doing from my watery blurry eyes. Better to let the neighbours think I’m a numpty car parker than having to tell them I’ve made a dent in their precious wheels…

I stayed in bed this morning for as long as I could. But then the neighbours decided that 7.30 am on the one day I want to stay in bed is the best time to get cavity wall insulation or something. Which would be less annoying if our houses had cavity walls, which Mr D informs me they do not. Hmmm seems like someone is being had.

009

At least the sun is shining, which makes anyone feel a bit better. Then I found in the tin that is the drugstore of the house had some cold & flu drugs which actually have made my face ache not so much. And there was Albas Oil. Oh happy days for my nose. After being with me for 23 years, I’m thinking Mr D won’t mind me smelling like an old woman?

Postie has just brought me Frankie Magazine from my wonderful friend on the other side of the world Luan of Green Tea and Cupcakes.  I’ve heard of this magazine and am soooo excited to have one!  Also in my mail box was sweet note from Kylie at Lucy Violet Vintage.  I also really need to model this skirt she sent me ages ago, just waiting for the right time to show it off to you all..

001

Kylie made it from a vintage pillow case how cool is that?

Sometimes its just like they know.

Perhaps if I feel better I will get to replying to the pile of mail I have. I know I’m behind a bit.

Have a great day!

SmileX

13 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better by now, and that in no time you will be back to your old self :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I'm just getting over a horrible cold myself, so I know how you feel. Make sure you rest up and drink LOTS of tea :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, I'm not meant to be commenting during this little bloggy break of mine, but I just want to say get well soon o.k.
    Thinking of you - Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get well soon!!! Thinking of you!
    The pillow case is so adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have been feel bad, hope you will sonn be on the mend. Hope the magazine and sunshine helped you on the road to recovery.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better soon. It's miserable to be sick like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh...I hate being in bed sick...Feel better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh Claire, that sucks! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my darling friend! I hope you feel better soon!! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick :( Glad you have Frankie to keep you company. Haha I was going to get you a Frankie for sending me the magazine. Is your issue 47 May/June? Let me know. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better! I hardly get sick either and then did something to my back which left me couch bound for a good few days and now I feel the dreaded flu coming on...

    ReplyDelete