Thursday, 24 May 2012

Why take the short cut when the long way is much more fun?

 

006

Sunny May evenings just beg for a motorbike ride. So we did, we don’t like to disappoint.

Mr D finished work early & off we went along the country lanes to Harwich.

Harwich is across the water from Felixstowe, and as the crow flies, about a mile away….but going that way you’d get a bit wet…There is a foot ferry which runs in the summer and I am quite shocked to realise I have never ever been on it. This could be the year!

Here is a little picture of the ferry I found on Google images..

harwich foot ferry

Last night however, was my first motorbike ride of the year! As I am a fair weather pillion passenger..

003

The lovely little Pier at Harwich with Felixstowe Dock cranes in the background (of course these are phone pics as there’s not a lot of room on the bike for big girls cameras!

002

Mr D isn’t really pulling a face, the sun was a bit in his eyes, bless..

005

The ship behind me is a Cork Lighthouse ship, which they have made into a tourist attraction.

Lovely Fish & chips were had at the Pier Hotel.

We must do it again sometime….but we’ll take the Ferry. Just because we can.

Hope you’re all enjoying these summer evenings!

SmileX

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time on your first evening motorbike ride, hope you have so more great trips during the summer.
    My ancestors were involved in getting the first lifeboat in Harwich and were also partners in the first Cobbold brewery that originated in Harwich where the Pier Hotel now stands, so your photos were extra special to me. Thank you!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like so much fun! It is currently DOWNPOURING here so I'm hiding inside. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great trip. I hope you are enjoying your summer/warmer weather. As for fish and chips! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pier is darling!

    I demand you go on that ferry and take LOADS of photos for me!

    x Jasmine

    PS. You and Mr D are super cute. Stop it :P

    ReplyDelete