Thursday, 19 July 2012

What’s in my Basket

 

007

I have two or three bags which I use on a regular basis, depending on what I’m doing/where I’m working. For the last few months I’ve been using my wicker basket for work. Baskets are great as you can find everything fairly easily and even in this small one, it’s amazing how much you can cram in there.

008

Notepads. We all know we cannot call ourselves true Bloggers unless we carry around notepads.  I’ve been carrying these two around with me lately. The top one was a present from a bloggy friend and I love it. Thank you Kylie. The bottom one I bought myself. Because I do that. Along with tea cups, notepads are the other thing I buy most of.

ID Card. I have two ID cards, depending on which organisation I’m working for, the one shown above is a bad photo. The other one I can assure you is a much better photo but in the name of honest blogging, I resisted the urge to swap them before the photograph.

020

Filofax. I love my Filofax, it is part of me & I would be lost without it. When you are working three jobs and have an Etsy/Ebay shop, it’s important to keep organised. I bought this for myself in those long forgotten days before the pink/purple trendy ones appeared. So mine is black. It’s also stuffed full of various bits of paper, notepads and there’s a calculator in there somewhere.

011

Scooby snacks. I carry food around with me a lot. It’s not that I’m obsessed, it’s just that I am sometimes on the road and and I like to eat in between appointments. This selection is just the food that I didn't eat this morning. I did eat: a different cereal bar. A bag of crisps and a clementine.

012

Makeup bag & perfume. The makeup bag is stuffed to the brim. Mascara, hand cream, antibacterial hand cleanser, lip salve, lipstick,  painkillers, hair bands. The perfume is my every day favourite. Vanilla by The Body shop. 

013

Scarf. I have about four hundred and twenty two scarves. Well a few any way. I use them to keep warm, to protect my shoulders from sun or just to accessorise. This one I think my mum bought me.

SmileX

5 comments:

  1. I love your basket.
    A dear friend of mine used to always carry baskets/a basket purse (and she might still).

    I can't wait to be busy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post and interesting array of items.
    I teach creative writing and one of my favourite workshops is creating a character by using a bag of items.
    I think I will give my students a selection of these items and see what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so much fun to read!
    I always carry around a scarf too. Mostly because of the air conditioning in American buildings. In Germany it's never that cold in restaurants and movie theaters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im such a nosey parker I love seeing what poeple have in there bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your basket. Please tell where you got it? I nearly brought one back from France but at £30 I gave it a miss.

    X x

    ReplyDelete