Thursday, 2 August 2012

Book Reviews no’s 16,17,18,19 The Aurora Teagarden Omnibus!

 

charlaine harris

Love Charlaine Harris, Of course there's True Blood, but I’ve been dipping into her other series and I have not been disappointed yet. If you want to see my reviews on her other series there’s The Lily Baird Mysteries here.

I’ve had this book since last year but being an omnibus and hard back it is BIG. I’m not usually a fan of big books, preferring small ones that I can carry around in my handbag, but I took this one away with me on holiday and read it.

THE AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: An omnibus edition of Roe Teagarden's adventures! Aurora Teagarden loves reading about famous murderers - until she finds herself investigating a real-life killing spree! The first four novels in the Aurora Teagarden mysteries series. Lawrenceton, Georgia, may be a growing suburb of Atlanta, but it's still a small town at heart. Librarian Aurora Teagarden - Roe - grew up there, and she reckons she knows everything about her fellow townsfolk, including which ones share her interest in the darker side of human nature. This is omnibus edition contains four novels: Real Murders (book 1); A Bone to Pick (book 2); Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (book 3 ); The Julius House (book 4)

I loved this, but then I never expected otherwise. Loved the name of the heroine, Aurora Teagarden sounds like the perfect librarian’s name if you ask me. Charlaine always creates such likeable strong female heroines, but if I may say so, they do all seem to have …ahem….quite a few men friends throughout her books….not in a horrid 50 shades way, just something I’ve noticed…

Of course there is a murder in each of these novels and of course Aurora always seems to find herself in the wrong (right?) place at the wrong (right?) time. I’m usually quite good at solving mysteries but these kept me nicely guessing till the end.

There’s no super naturalness in this series so its more in line with The Lily Baird mysteries rather than True Blood or the Grave Sight novels, but it didn't make me love it any less and I am definitely going to find the next books.

Anyone else read these?

SmileX

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds so awesome! I'll definitely read the series! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read her Sookie Stackhouse books but this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great- I am going to download an e-book version now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't really read her books before. I read the first few Sookie Stackhouse books and I really want to try this one. I love seeing your book reviews you always give me some great ideas on what to pick up.

    ReplyDelete