Sunday, 7 October 2012

Reminiscing….

 

163

Seems like forever and a day ago we were living it up in NYC, have been looking at the pictures often & wanted to share some more.

This was taken in our new favourite coffee shop.

Just a little place down a street in Greenwich Village where they do cooking lessons in a funky kitchen, so decided to get a few chairs out for wandering tourists to have a rest.

160

Smiley Happy People.

156

This was Mr D’s new favourite grocery store right down the street from our hotel. Gourmet groceries of every variety. You could get lost in there.

059

Rachel & I had a day shopping while the boys went to see the space shuttle. We went up 6 floors of menswear until we realised the women’s department isn’t on the next floor, it’s in a whole different section of the building. Macys  is indeed as big as they threaten. It was having a major face lift while we were there so slightly confusing, but still good. We sat in Starbucks which is conveniently placed up a level for people watching over a whole floor!

083

The Ground Zero memorial is amazing. You go to the little shop on a side street to get your ticket. (Suggested donation 10 dollars each) Which has an allotted time for you to go. We wasted an hour in the extremely busy Irish pub near the memorial until our time. (FYI I am not usually a fan of things like ‘Irish pubs’ when you’re on holiday, (unless you are in Ireland of course) it’s a bit like going to Spain and finding the nearest greasy cafe to have an English Fry up. I mean. Stay at home.

The memorials themselves are finished but they are building a museum there which is yet to be completed. It’s very peaceful although there are a lot of people doing the same as you.

082

I think I read the water falls 30 ft down?

174

My favouritist (new word) place in NYC was the Greenwich Village/West Village area. On the last day we walked from our hotel in Chelsea, to East Village, and along Bleecker Street (fab) which takes you to the West Village.

For those not in the know the West Village area is where you will find the famous Magnolia Bakery from Sex & The City, and of course Carrie’s apartment.

177

This area is beautiful. Along Bleecker street in this West Village area are some lovely individual (aka expensive) shops which even if you don’t want to spend dollars in, are well worth a look.

179

Carrie sadly wasn’t in to make us tea, but we did put some change in the box at the bottom of the steps for the doggies. And we were quiet, like the sign asked us stalkers to be.

We spent all our money in NYC. But then if you come home with money you can’t have enjoyed yourself, that’s what I always thought..I will be doing a post about the goodies soon.

Hope you’ve all been well, I’ve not been to visit a lot of you this week. I will get on that soon. Be ready.

SmileX

8 comments:

  1. Really looks like you had a fabulous break! Loving the waterfall!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sympathy! :)
    but so far, it's lookin' like it will just be me and a lot of hours of HTML training

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I haven't been to NYC since I was a teenager, although I'm American. Wanting to see the memorial and the Statue of Liberty - maybe ice skate at Rockefeller one day too? Looks like you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to go to NYC SO BAD! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss NY so much. There was so much more I wanted to do and see. I thought the Ground Zero memorial was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that one day I will get to do my NY post :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that all sounds so lovely. When you were at Macy's you were across from where I stayed while I was at my journalism program!
    I need to read your other posts about NYC!

    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a good time! I can't wait to see more photos!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete