Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Book Review No. 26. Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe!

 

christmas at the cupcake cafe

Issy Randall, proud owner of The Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Caroline don't seem quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forced to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increased demand for her delectable creations - begins to take its toll, Issy has to decide what she holds most dear.

This December, Issy will have to rely on all her reserves of courage, good nature and cinnamon, to make sure everyone has a merry Christmas, one way or another . . .

I bought this book in Hard back. I know. It’s usually against my religion to buy  a hard back book, but in my defence, I had some amazon e vouchers to use, and I really really wanted to read this, the second novel from Jenny Colgan about the wonderful Issy and her Cupcake cafe.

Read the review I wrote on the first book, Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe here.

This is the first sequel Jenny has written, & I loved it. At the beginning of the book Jenny has helpfully written a bit about each of the characters, to remind people like me, and so that you don’t actually have to have read the first book to enjoy this one.

I have a total weakness for Christmas themed books at this time of year. Some don’t live up to all the cover promises, but this isn’t one of them.

Lots of Christmas cheer, present buying & wrapping, oh and my other favourite thing in books….NYC!

You will soon be sitting having coffee with the characters, rooting for them in their private lives (or occasionally sighing & feeling like giving them a clip round the ear…or is that just me!?)

The other thing you should know about this book is that, like the first one, Jenny gives us lovely recipes in each chapter, which could be annoying for some people, but not me..although I wonder if I will ever make any of them, they are lovely to read sitting next to the wood burner.

If you’re looking for a book to cosy up with, you’ve found it right here.

SmileX

1 comment:

  1. I loved her first book too and didn't realise she had written another one. I like readin too. I am enjoying reading Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan have you read it?
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete