Sunday, 2 December 2012

December, oh how I’ve missed you

The second window of my advent calendar is open.
How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?… (Dr Seuss)
020
My Christmas shopping is all done (but not wrapped…for some reason I don’t like to wrap too early..) Apart from one person, & that will soon be sorted.
I’ve worked extra hard this November, so December can be much more relaxed.
019
I haven’t got my decorations up yet, but I have had a bit of a clear out of them and am giving some old ones to charity.
"It came without ribbons! It came without tags! It came without packages, boxes or bags!"... Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!"… (Dr Seuss)
Love December…my plans…
Mulled wine by the wood burner
Pink wellies with cosy welly socks inside
Knitted hats and scarves
Lazy Blogging days with regular hot chocolate breaks
Writing Christmas mail
Oh, and look, the Christmas Apples are out of the de-contamination zone. So they will be smoke free to come into the house (Granny made one each for sis mum & me but they can’t come in until the Smokey smell leaves them).
027
 
028
I wish I could sew as well as Granny.
Hope December is wonderful for you all!
SmileX
 

4 comments:

  1. I am loving all the festive feeling around right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the festive feeling this time of year, it makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the Christmas season.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is my favourite time of the year. My tree has been up for awhile but I like to decorate slowly. I haven't bought everything yet but I have a lot of my gifts. x

    ReplyDelete