Thursday, 27 December 2012

Today will be my Boxing day

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.

While we’re on the subject, are you someone that sends all Christmas posting photos on FB of mountains and mountains of presents, then the rest of the time pics of you ‘enjoying yourself’.

Or are you too busy enjoying yourself?. Just a thought. Something that bugs me a little.

007

I had Christmas day off, but yesterday (Boxing Day) I worked a late shift 2.30-10pm then I went straight on to do a sleep in, until 8.30 this morning. It was ok though, I chose to do the shift as I only do relief work and it was fun, I even wore my glitzy sparkly flats which put a smile on a few faces. We only had one incident where the fire alarms were set off by a tenant who swore blind she ‘only put the mince pie in the microwave for a few seconds’. Hmm. The thick fog in her flat & the exploded microwave told a different tale. No fire brigade was needed though, thank goodness.

So today, after I’ve had a bath and a little rest, today will be my Boxing Day.

I will be spending all day most of the day sat by the fire, reading and listening to my new Taylor Swift cd. Yes I said that. I love Taylor, as much as my 10yr old Niece does.

There will be food later at the in-laws. Think of me.

Did you have to work over Christmas? Do you mind?

Enjoy your day, and for those that do have to go back to work don’t feel bad about it, your Boxing Day was yesterday.

Thank you for all of your Christmas wishes, I will come on over sometime this week for a visit. But please don’t bring out any Christmas cake, I don’t like it. Mince pie maybe?

SmileX

9 comments:

  1. I must admit to being possibly the only person in the world who doesn't 'get' Facebook, but I'm not keen on the 'here's what I got' blog posts. Maybe that is tinged with jealousy as I am not inundated with piles of presents, just a few bits and bobs from Husband and children. I am lucky in that I don't have to work over Christmas. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted one pic on FB - just of the christmas table after I'd lit the candles and was waiting for dinner to finish cooking (ok I was escaping from my MIL!!).

    The best pics have been of grown women hugging kitchen aid mixers - I wonder if they'd have felt the same if it had been any other domestic appliance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Christmas hun. I did post a Merry Christmas message on Facebook, but no photos as yet. Only just blogging as I have been too busy enjoying life to do that.

    I haven't had to work over Christmas the past few years however hubby does. The joys of retail I'm afraid.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not keen on the whole facebook thing. I had to work an early on Boxing Day - I wasn't happy when my alarm went off at 5.15am!! Had to work today as well and tomorrow - do I mind? No choice in the matter. So Saturday will have to be my Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya!! Happy Christmas to you xx Pete was supposed to work Christmas Day but managed to swap with someone who wanted double pay! So we had our 1st Christmas with Charlotte! Your work story made me chuckle hehee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps not that im glad she had an accident, just that i had a similar thing at work once and could just imagine the only a few secs comment!! thought it mightve come out wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter had to work a 12 hour nursing shift on Christmas...we all missed her..but that's just how it goes sometimes!!!
    happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working over Christmas / New Years and I'm on call too. I don't mind, the office is nice and quiet and obviously I still get the public holidays off. I'll go on holidays when everyone comes back which is perfect in my opinion!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete